Working while pregnant

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Are you/did you work while pregnant?
If so, did you need to change your job description? (ie were you unable to do certain parts of your job?)
When will you/did you go on maternity leave?
How long will you stay on maternity leave?

I did indeed

If so, did you need to change your job description? (ie were you unable to do certain parts of your job?)
I didn't really need to change anything - except my uniform

I was PLANNING on going on maternity leave at 36 weeks, but ended up going at 34 weeks, because my b/p was getting a bit high and my m/w wanted me to take it easy. Well, I asked her if it would be possible to stop a bit earlier LOL, and she said she would say it was a good idea

.... Ummmm well I finished end Aug 06..... I had 12 months of official maternity leave, but then resigned..

December 17th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Emily!'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Emily! Send a message via Yahoo to Emily!
Are you/did you work while pregnant? Yes I did!

If so, did you need to change your job description? Nope. I waitressed the whole time. Eventually I had the busboys carry trays (which I only use for parties of 6+) though.

When will you/did you go on maternity leave? I worked until the end basically. I had planned on taking Thanksgiving week off just because and then ended up having Ellie 2 days after Thanksgiving!

How long will you stay on maternity leave? Going back the Saturday after New Years. Wah.
December 18th, 2007, 06:06 AM
lovemyluck's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

*Yep, I have worked with all 5 of them.

*No, dont need to change it, just wont be able to count certain pills. For the most part I still do all that I usually do, but I wont carry anything heavy.

*Ha, maternity leave?? Well, I work right up until I am due to go in for the c-section. With Mackenzie I will work up to the Friday before her section.

*Once again, HA! Actually, i usually take 2 weeks off, then go back and work about 4 hours a day. But I do get to bring the baby with me!!

<span style="color:#FF00FF"><span style="font-family:Tahoma"> Carli Mae Montage #1 Carli Mae Montage #2</span></span> Thanks Sara for my great sig!!!
December 18th, 2007, 08:47 AM
prush02's Avatar Veteran
YES.... However we have holiday break right before my c-section

No.. just needed to add some more patience. Teaching kids all day can get stressful.

Two days before delivery.

9 weeks.. non paid

thanks Duckie for my siggie
December 18th, 2007, 09:36 AM
mrsdismang
Are you/did you work while pregnant? I worked up until 16 weeks

If so, did you need to change your job description? (ie were you unable to do certain parts of your job?) I was unable and instead of letting me do housekeeping or maybe work in cage wash they forced me to go on FMLA. I got unemployment though haha suckers!

When will you/did you go on maternity leave? I guess technically I'm on early leave now.

How long will you stay on maternity leave? I don't plan on going back until after the baby is born. Maybe in May.

December 18th, 2007, 09:39 AM
instant_oatmeal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are you/did you work while pregnant? Yes I'm working. I was planning on starting a new job but I didn't want that stress while pregnant so I resigned from that one and asked if I could stay on at my current job.
If so, did you need to change your job description? (ie were you unable to do certain parts of your job?) Our facility is moving shortly so no heavy lifting for me
When will you/did you go on maternity leave? No clue yet lol
How long will you stay on maternity leave? I might not

December 19th, 2007, 07:06 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Yes I'm working - unfortunetly.

If so, did you need to change your job description? (ie were you unable to do certain parts of your job?) I am a medical secretary so I am able to do all of my duties and the girls take good care of me here at work.

I am planning on going on mat leave about two or three weeks before the baby is born so I can get ready.

We get one year paid mat leave so I will be taking that whole time off and going back part time after that ends.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search