just a little reassurance, maybe?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 26th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Lauren0603's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have lurked here a little, but I don't think I've ever posted over on this board. I'm in the JulyDDC, and am pregnant after my miscarriage in September. I spent the first several weeks of this pregnancy freaking out about everything, but I've really found some peace and have been able to relax quite a bit as I get further along.

I'm almost 14 weeks now, and the creeping doubt in the back of my mind is really messing with me. I'm in the in-between weeks where you don't feel as pregnant as you did at first, and there aren't many physical signs yet either. This month between appts has been brutal - I just know time has stopped once or twice, and my next appt will never get here for me to hear the heartbeat again and be reassured all is okay.

What I'd like your input about is some pain I'm having. It is low but to the left side, pretty much in the same spot again and again, occuring a handful of times during the day. I keep telling myself it is gas or maybe ligaments stretching. So, if you were having a recurrent, brief, sharp (but certainly not unbearable) pain in the same spot for a couple days, would you assume the same? Goodness knows I've eaten enough over the past several days for my body to be VERY mad at me, and to show me just what it thinks with some tummy-discomfort!!! Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you Sara (misfitinmn) for my gorgeous siggy!

December 26th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
it is normal to have stretching/pain in early pregnancy - when I was pregnant with Gaby, I found that most of my pain/stretching was on the right side - which they could tell from u/s, was the side Gaby had implanted on.

Your uterus has a lot of growing to do, so I would think that is what your pain is related to!

December 26th, 2007, 05:08 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
hiya lauren !

I too am having those darn pains, nothing unbearable...but you KNOW they are there right??
I had some bad ones right across my bikini line ( IF i could wear a bikini) this morning....and I got scared at first......I went back to sleep and they were gone when I woke up again. I think we are just feeling EVERYTHING stretching, growing, expanding etc.....and I know all of these Holiday treats are NOT helping me either!
Glad to see you over here hon!!!

~HUGS~

Dee

December 27th, 2007, 06:14 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have had pain on my left side during the whole pg. It sounds pretty much the same as yours. If you are really worried then perhaps you should see your doctor just for some reassurance. It's worth the peace of mind. I was just like you (and still am..hee hee). Have you thought about renting a doppler? I love mine, it certainly has saved me a lot of worry.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search