ugh

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 26th, 2007, 08:52 PM
mrsdismang
Today is the due date of my first baby who I lost in June. I was fine with it until last night. At first I thought I was just disappointed because Christmas is over and I really don't have a lot to look forward to for a while and then I realized why I am really sad. I thought that since I'm pregnant that I wouldn't have to deal with any grief over my lost baby but I was wrong and I almost feel some resentment for the baby that I'm carrying now. I love her so much, don't get me wrong, but I feel like she is in the wrong place at the wrong time. And feeling those feelings is making me feel even worse. I feel like nobody remembers I should be 9 months pregnant and possibly in the hospital having my baby. My husband didn't even remember. I feel so alone dealing with this.
December 26th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
:hugs: You are not alone.

I have trouble every year. My best friends son was born on the due date of my 1st loss. I look at him every year and wonder. His birth was very hard for me even though I too was pregnant at the time.

December 26th, 2007, 11:15 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
You certainly aren't alone in this hun. When I reached my EDD for my 2nd angel, while I was pregnant with Gaby, I felt REALLY strange. I felt.. not 'angry', but just sad I guess, that my 2nd angel wasn't with me, but Gaby was... I think it's all a natural part of grieving, and it doesn't make ANY of us a bad person!

December 27th, 2007, 06:02 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think we all have these feelings at one point or another. Over the holidays we saw DH's cousin that was pg the same time as I was with Hannah. We had the same due date. It was so hard to hold her baby at four months and think "we should be holding our own baby" I actually had someone say to me when I talking about missing Hannah "You should be thankful for what you have been given" I am very thankful for the baby I have now however it doesn't make losing my baby hurt any less. I think unless you are in the situation it is hard to understand. I hope you know that you are not alone. We are all here for you.
December 28th, 2007, 05:16 PM
mrsdismang
nice to know at least 3 people give a #####.
December 29th, 2007, 12:59 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
Hey girl....you are not alone. I've been feeling a bit blue myself. Just can't get it out of my mind that I should be celebrating the 1st b-day of my baby instead of pg with #2. We weren't really planning on having more so it feels a little strange to be making all these plans for this baby when the thought of Annika lingers in my mind.
I know we didn't decide to have this baby to replace her but I still get that weird feeling that we wouldn't be having her if we hadn't lost Annika.

HUGS

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search