Can't sleep

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't sleep a wink lately. I can't get comfortable and I am going to the bathroom about 4-5 times a night. Last night was the worst. My body got itchy so I thought it was just dry so I put on some lotion but it was still itchy and then got all irritated. I took off my PJ's and the blankets but the sheet I was sleeping on was irritating my skin. I feel like a zombie at work today. Is this going to last until birth? Is anyone else having trouble sleeping or just me?
January 8th, 2008, 09:49 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I am having trouble lately....just tossing and turning !!
I'm hot, then I'm cold.....when I do get comfy, my arm falls asleep and starts tingling so I have to move all over again ! ~UGH~
It is crazy isn't it ??????

January 8th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Glad I am not the only one up all night. Misery LOVES company!
January 8th, 2008, 12:38 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
Misery does love company. No you are not alone.

My belly is just getting too BIG. Plus, I move around a lot at night so the big belly is always in the way. DH always says Welcome to my world!!
January 8th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Quote:
DH always says Welcome to my world!![/b]
January 8th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
((Hugs)) Sabina, I had this with Gaby too, and I know how horrible it is! For me it was very much on/off - some weeks I'd be fine, other weeks I just couldn't sleep a wink!!!!

Maybe you could look into getting some herbal tea's which will help you sleep? Of course talk to a professional about herbs you can & can't take during pregnancy...

January 9th, 2008, 12:32 AM
tiffani76541's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Try sleeping with pillows under your knees and tummy, that helped for me.I had bad insomnia nearing the end of my pregnancy. I almost never slept.Now I beg for it, lol.
January 9th, 2008, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Try sleeping with pillows under your knees and tummy, that helped for me.I had bad insomnia nearing the end of my pregnancy. I almost never slept.Now I beg for it, lol.[/b]
I have a body pillow between my legs and under my belly otherwise I would never sleep at all. I am used to sleeping on my back so that isn't helping things. Last night I was so tired I was like a whiny two year old all evening. I think DH had enough because he put lotion all over my body and massaged a little and I was out like a light. I only got up once to pee. I feel so much better today! I told him he tamed the lion last night...LOL!
January 9th, 2008, 07:07 AM
cassiek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry hun. I had the same thing when I was pregnant with Seren. Everyone kept telling me "Oh enjoy your sleep while you can, because once that baby gets here you won't have any more." All I could think was well the no sleep has already started. I also think it was my body's way of getting use to the idea of little to no sleep for when the baby get here. I hope that it gets better for you soon hun.

January 9th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Quote:
: I also think it was my body's way of getting use to the idea of little to no sleep for when the baby get here. I hope that it gets better for you soon hun.[/b]
I never thought of that. All I can keep thinking is that I only have so much time left to sleep and I normally LOVE to sleep. I know once the baby gets here I can kiss that goodbye! LOL! But I think it's different if you are at least getting up to be with the baby. It sucks when you just lay awake with no good entertainment like diaper changing...LMAO! I can't wait to be a Mom. I really can't.
January 9th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
between the 10 trips a night to the bathroom and the hot flashes, i am getting hardly any sleep at all. but it is good practice for when the baby gets here, because you probably won't be getting any sleep then either

“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.”~ Anton LaVey
January 9th, 2008, 03:52 PM
SPinkD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SPinkD
I haven't read any of the other responses, but I was this way until she was born. SUUUUCKS and then they are born and you really don't get sleep, but it is a different kind of no sleep. Hang in there...only another year before you get to sleep through the night again, lol.

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

January 9th, 2008, 05:13 PM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
Do we really need this kind of practice? Because I could do without it! LOL

I can't sleep either... doesn't help I'm a light sleeper, so when I get up 3-4 times/night to pee I can't get back to sleep!

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

January 10th, 2008, 04:43 PM
tiffani76541's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You'll get used to the "no sleep" thing. I used to LOVE my sleep, and now I go to bed at 11p.m., wake up for Austin's 5 a.m. feeding, and then get up again at 6:30, and my day has begun!No more sleeping in til noon for me!Its hard at first, but once you realize YOU HAVE to stay up late to have some time for yourself, you won't mind missing an extra hour or two of sleep!
January 11th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Quote:
You'll get used to the "no sleep" thing. I used to LOVE my sleep, and now I go to bed at 11p.m., wake up for Austin's 5 a.m. feeding, and then get up again at 6:30, and my day has begun!No more sleeping in til noon for me!Its hard at first, but once you realize YOU HAVE to stay up late to have some time for yourself, you won't mind missing an extra hour or two of sleep![/b]
Thanks Tiff! That's great to hear.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search