BH again

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I am at work and I am getting the same I got when my stomach felt weird. I can eat again and I have the same feeling completely. So I am calm but kind of worried since I can't lay down. Anything I can do at work to relieve them? I am drinking water and I have already drank two water bottles and I am half way done my third plus I had a crap load of water melon this morning so I can't be dehydrated. I don't know what to do. I really don't like this feeling. If I get up and take a walk will that help? I sit most of the day.
January 9th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
changing position, peeing, elevating your feet (even if it's just on a box under your desk) canall help. I find if I stay in one place too long, eat too much, or have to pee (even if i dont feel like i need too yet) I will start getting them. You will get them on and off as matter of course until the baby comes (it's your body practicing) but if they dont let up you need to do what you can to interrupt them. If you are getting more then4 an hour you should speak with your OB

January 9th, 2008, 09:23 AM
It's not like they come and go it's just here, if that makes sense. I can't count them. So how do I know if I should be worried? I can't wait to see my OB on Monday. This is making me crazy. Am I crazy to worry? Maybe it's all the sadness we have had lately in May.
January 9th, 2008, 09:51 AM
tiffani76541's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
well, that definitely BH for sure. You said you can't count them... I was like that at first, couldn't really figure out when they stopped or started.Don't panic, this is really normal. If you feel your stomach getting hard, then relaxing, count that as one. Now, if they get really painful, and start to radiate from your back, and around to your stomach, call your OB.You're not crazy to worry.It's really scary, I know I hated it. Do what Doodle said, and go to the bathroom and prop your feet up. If they start hurting, and you're not feeling well, tell your boss you need to lay down for a minute. If they wanna give you crap I'll call up there for ya and whoop some a**,lol.
January 9th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
also, you need to breath. Anxiety makes them worse (for me at least). sometime I find I have to talk myself down or listen to a few minutes of music that I find relaxing, uplifting or fun.

January 9th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
just to make you feel a little better, BH prepare your uterus for labor throughout your ENTIRE pregnancy. they actually start at 6 weeks and continue till you go into actual labor! most people just can't feel them that early, but some can. especially in women who have had previous pregnancies. they are nothing to worry about, it's just your body doing exactly what it's designed to do! the only time to be concerned about them is if they get stronger, more regular or start feeling like regular contractions with the pain radiating from your back. more then 4 an hour, you should call your dr. but other then that they are all normal. i personally never liked them and they freaked me out, but they really are normal and everyone has them. keep hydrated and if you can't lay down then at least try to elevate your feet a little or switch positions. but as long as they are irregular and not painful, you are all good

“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.”~ Anton LaVey
January 9th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the info Julia it's very helpful.
January 9th, 2008, 11:52 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
how are you doing now hun?

January 10th, 2008, 06:02 AM
cassiek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I always drank lots of water and tried to get up and move around when they happened when I was at work.

January 10th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Well I think the sitting is killing me. On Fridays I am up all day running clinic but during the week I am mostly sitting. I try to get up and move as much as possible but it can be hard. I asked one of the girls if I could help with her filing for a bit each day to get me up and moving and she was more then happy to share...hee hee. I hope that will help a little with all the sitting.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search