Your Favorite Baby Products

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2008, 11:48 AM
tiffani76541's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What is your favorite baby product that you've used/purchased?Which ones do you think are silly, or that you would never/don't use?

Favorites:
Of course, the jumperoo,but a swing is a lifesaver sometimes.Every so often Austin WILL NOT nap, no matter what. But if I put some soft music on, and put him in his swing, it's lights out! Also my changing table.Everyone told me I would never use it, but after my c-section, I don't know what I would've done without it. Plus its a lot easier than getting down on the floor for those 3 a.m. diaper changes, or risk them pottying all over your nice warm blankets on the bed! Oh, and his boppy pillow, I love that thing.

Useless:

Wipes warmer.I just stick them down my shirt for a minute, and it works just fine.Every baby is going to cry at first during a diaper change anyways!Sleep positioner. Austin hated it, and they can't stay still while they sleep.He always seemed so uncomfortable. Baby bathtub. I used it once.Austin screamed,Most of them have this netting for them to lay on when they are first born, and they just get cold.He bathes with me every night, and loves it.It's a lot easier than reaching over the tub.

January 11th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
My favourites would be

- sleep sackfor winter (or lighter weight for summer) - OMG such a great invention! Gaby has never liked having blankets on her, but with the (fleece) sleep sack, I didn't have to worry about her kicking off her blankets & getting cold! Wonderful - highly recommend it! And there is no need to buy an expensive one! buy the cheapest you can find - they all do the same job! This is the one product I recommend to all new mama's.

- Angelcare Sound & Movement Monitor - my nephew died of SIDS @ 4mo, so that was my biggest biggest BIGGEST new-mama-freak-out, I got the monitor when she was 1 week old (after 1 week of no sleep!), and I never had a false alarm with it (except for when I got Gaby up and forgot to turn the monitor off )... the peace of mind was well worth the $180 it cost me. It made the first 13 months of her life a LOT less stressful for me (and the rest of my family I have to say!). For those of you who haven't heard of it before, it is like a normal baby monitor, except there are either one or two sensor pads (depending on model) which go under the cot/crib/bassinet matress, and if there are no breathing movements for 20 seconds, an alarm sounds
http://www.angelcare-monitor.com/eng...eed/ac301.html

- Linkadoo's Rocker - great for when Gaby just WOULD NOT SLEEP, often the rocking motion of the rocker would put her to sleep. Because it has a harness, I was able to just put a blanket over her & leave her to sleep in the rocker. I remember one night, she would NOT sleep in her bassinet & I stayed in the lounge all (yawns) night (yawns) long (yawwwnnnsssss) with her - she would sleep just fine in her rocker, but not in her room. At least she got a somewhat decent sleep... Any rocker would be fine, not just a Linkadoo's!

My least favourite:

- Changing table - I found it easier to change her on the floor... I used the changing table for a couple of months, but that was only because I didn't want it to be a waste of money Speaking of that actually, I should sell it!

January 11th, 2008, 04:29 PM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
BEST
My Boppy! I how I loved that thing! Since I had a c-section with Kaylie it kept her off of my incision while I breastfeed and it helped me to position her comfortably. I also used it to prop her up in when she was learning to sit alone. AND my Medela pump in style breast pump. So great when I went back to work!

WORST
Wipe warmer and hand powered breast pump! The pump took forever and made my hand cramp. Just break down and buy an electric pump from the beginning.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search