Baby Shower

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2008, 04:30 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
honestly,I do not want one until after the baby is born.
I'll have all of the basic necessities for when babe is born.....but I'll opt for a shower after that....

how about you ladies ?

January 11th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Momoftriplets08's Avatar Veteran
I can totally understand that. I have also had a loss and it was very hard to feel 'secure' enough and this pregnancy is VERY high risk because it's triplets. I decided I wanted one, well also that I need one. Triplets demand a lot of stuff, you know. I feel a bit more secure now because even if, heaven forbid, they are born now at 27.5 weeks, they would survive with a long NICU stay.

36 weeker take home babies!!!
January 11th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am having at least four that I know of so far before the baby is born. I am trying to enjoy this pg as much as I can because I know all too well how quickly it can be taken. I am really looking forward to my baby showers which is weird as I know a lot of ppl on here have dreaded theirs. And I find it hard with all the people IRL rooting me on that are over joyed that I am pg trying to do stuff to celebrate this pg. A lot of ppl were very, very hurt when I lost my baby and now they are having trouble holding back their excitement. My one friend has already bought me a truck load of clothes and she is bugging me to register so she can get more stuff. My Dad is buying all my bedding, my mom is buying all my curtains. I don't remember people being like this when my sister was pg and I think it really has to do with the loss a lot. It's hard to explain but I hope you all can understand what I am saying.

But of course that fear never goes away and I have been telling people to please keep receipts in case, God forbid, something happens. I asked my one friend and she said "No I'm ripping it up and throwing it out right now, that's how confident I am that everything is going to be okay" I wish I could be that confident.

January 11th, 2008, 10:17 PM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a baby shower with DD so I have all the basic stuff from her still. Etiquette says it is not proper to have a baby shower for the 2nd baby unless it is a different sex and even still it should be held after the baby is born.

Etiquette Shmediquette! If my friends and family are kind enough to offer a celebration for this new little life who am I to turn them down! I would however suggest to the host that that maybe a diaper party would be more appropriate if we have another girl, but it is not up to me. I would appreciate anything that our friends and family would like to do.

January 11th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Erin had a shower after she was born. It made me feel a lot better.

January 11th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
No one offered to throw me one.... so i didn't have to worry about whether to have one or not!

January 12th, 2008, 06:21 AM
sunnie83
I have no problem with whether or not I have a shower before or after..I guess whatever the family wants to plan for me. I kind of hope to have one before, because honestly I don't want to have to go out and buy stuff only to receive doubles later as gifts. However, I can understand why people would want to wait on getting things too, especially if something were to go wrong.
January 12th, 2008, 01:43 PM
lovemyluck's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, with this being our 5th baby, I am not expecting a shower. there was talk of having a shower when I was pregnant with Carli, then in January 2007 we had her diagnosis, so therefore no shower. i know that if she would have made it, we would have had a welcome home Carli party!! with this one, there has been some talk, but nothing definite that I know of. I would love to have one after Mackenzie comes that way everyone can see the baby!!

<span style="color:#FF00FF"><span style="font-family:Tahoma"> Carli Mae Montage #1 Carli Mae Montage #2</span></span> Thanks Sara for my great sig!!!
January 13th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes, i will definitely have a shower! I have NOTHING for the baby, I gave away all the girls things a long time ago. Even if I hadn't, most of them probably would be way too out of date anyways lol

“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.”~ Anton LaVey

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search