Update

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Veteran
HI! Sorry its been so long to update everyone, but with having the boys and the holidays it got a bit hectic. Right now, I have a small reprieve (the boys are sleep:-)

So...here is our labor/delivery story:

I was scheduled for an induction on December 19 and for a c-section for December 20 (just in case). I went to the hospital late (after 10 p.m.) on December 19. (My hospital schedules inductions for the night time so that they can reschedule if the beds are full). Anyway, I went in late. They did another ultrasound to make sure Baby A was still head down and Baby B was transverse. They were; so they began induction about 12:30 a.m. on December 20.

At about 11:00 a.m., my water broke. At that time, the contractions really started, so I got an epidural. Boy did that work wonders. I didn't feel the contractions or any pain the rest of the time. At about 4:00 p.m. I started to feel a lot of pressure. Well I was fully dialated and ready to push. They brought me to the OR just in case a c-section was needed.

At 4:13 p.m. James John was born. He weighed 5 lbs 14 oz and was 19 1/4 inches long. Then Baby B decided to turn breech rather than head down. So it took the docs a minute to find him and grab his legs. Once they got his legs, they were able to basically pull him out. So Jeffrey Joel was born (breech) at 4:18 p.m. He weighed 5 lbs 2 oz. and was 18 3/4 inches long. Both did just fine. We only had a small set back. They think all 3 of us had some kind of infection so all of us were put on anti-biotics. James and Jeffrey spent a few hours in the NICU to regulate their blood sugar and temperatures. By the morning, they were both back in my room. All of us were able to go home on Saturday, December 22.

Both babies are doing really well. They are good babies. They sleep in 3 or 4 hour increments (for the most part). They only cry when they want to eat or need to be changed. It's a little difficult when both need to be changed or fed at the same time and I'm by myself. There's only 1 of me and 2 of them. I've found that trying to go any where takes 3 times as long too, but it's an adventure everytime. We are learning to use a lot of different tools though:-)

Well gotta cut it short. Monster 1 (James) is starting to wake up. And so it begins....
January 11th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your boys! I cant wait to see pictures!!

January 11th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! It sounds like you are enjoying being a Mother. I hope you are able to post pics when you get a chance. They both sound like such lovely boys.
January 11th, 2008, 05:47 PM
sunnie83
Awww, congratulations on your twin boys!! They sound so precious! I am glad everything went well and the infection wasn't anything too serious!! Have fun!!
January 11th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
congratulations on the arrival of your two boys! I can't wait to see photos!

January 12th, 2008, 09:58 AM
tiffani76541's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!I was wondering when we would get an update from you! Can't wait to see pics!
January 12th, 2008, 10:42 AM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!!! I'm so glad everything went so well for you with the birth. Thanks for the update.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

January 12th, 2008, 12:43 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Congratulations ! and thank you for checking in with us for an update !!!!
we can not wait to see pictures !!!

January 13th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!!

“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.”~ Anton LaVey

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search