totally stressing out

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2008, 06:49 AM
luvmygirls's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So, I had a missed m/c and d&c in October. I got my bfp Friday after our 1st cycle of trying. I was really excited on Friday, but now I'm just stressed. I'm trying so hard to be positive but I'm just so so scared Since about Saturday, my upper back, neck and shoulders have been sore....like I pulled a muscle or 2. And I know shoulder pain can be a sign of ectopic pregnancy, so I am absolutely FREAKING! My DH says that your upper back/neck/shoulders is where all the stress collects, and he thinks I'm stressing myself out so much worrying about m/c that it's causing me pain. Could that be true?

I called today to make my 1st appt, and it's not until March 5th...a whole month away!! But I asked the receptionist to have someone call me back so I can ask them about the pain, and my voice started shaking on the phone, so I'm hoping she realized how worried I was and someone will call me soon.

Reassurance please?

***UPDATE***
***UPDATE***
So the Dr called back, many hours later, and told me not to worry at all b/c my neck/back/shoulders hurting is NOT a sign of ectopic. She totally understood that I would be stressed b/c of the loss, and she also made an appt for an early u/s for me, right at 6 weeks, on V-day I'm hoping it goes well. I'm feeling much much better now tho, and thanks for your reassurance!

February 5th, 2008, 07:30 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
the best thing is that you have called your doctor, so i hope they will at least call back soon and you'll get some reassurance from them too.
stress can definately cause pain. for me, when i get all stressed, i get headaches and my neck and upper shoulders get sore.
congratulations on your pregnancy. i know it is very stressful after a loss. i hope that you can enjoy it and have a happy and healthy nine months!
February 5th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know the first little bit can be SO stressful but hon, there is nothing you can do. Stressing is really not good but I am not the one to tell you that since I never follow my own advice. Maybe you could ask your dr when they call back if they can get you in any earlier if someone cancels? I am sure it would make you feel much better if you actually saw a dr before a month from now.
February 5th, 2008, 07:55 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
It is so hard NOT to be stressed, especially early on !

you probably have those stress related knotted muscle now in your shoulder! It is good that you called the dr. , and hopefully they can get you in sooner to put your mind at ease ~HUGS~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search