HCG levels and Pregnancy after miscarriage

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Helena33
Hi

I found this forum while looking up HCG levels. I had a miscarriage in November of 2007. My levels at seven weeks were only 585 so I had a good idea the pregnancy was in trouble. At the ultra sound appoitment, I was told there was no fetal heartbeat. I had a d/c November 29. I never had another period and I went to my doctor who did some HCG beta's. Well, I am pregnant again, First beta was 150, 000. I can't recall the second one.

My ultra sound was not to be until Feb, 26 but the doctor called and I go in on Thursday. I am so scared, nervous. I wanted the later ultra sound because then if anything went wrong, it should have by then.

With higher hcg levels what are the chacnes of a sucessfull pregnancy? I am very anxious person and feeling ill about it
February 12th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Helena33
I also wanted to add that I m getting the ultra sound done as they have no idea my due date.

Any input would help this anxious mama.
February 12th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
did you say your level was 150,000?? how far along are you?

have you seen the HCG Chart?
here is a link that shows one:
http://www.inciid.org/printpage.php?...wlypreg&id=241

my HCG's were on the high end... and I have a healthy baby with a beautiful heartbeat so far.

I am glad your dr. scheduled you sooner as it can really help relieve fears and that way he can date your pregnancy.

You are in my thoughts and prayers, a pregnancy after a miscarriage is sooooo hard.

please keep us updated okay!
February 12th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Helena33
They don't know how far along I am. Its been 11 weeks since my d/c. My family doctor estimated somewhere betwee one to three months along. I think its more like close to two or two and half.
February 12th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
yeah my guess would be between 2 and 3 months with those numbers!!

Cant wait for your appt!!!
February 12th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
best of luck with your ultrasound hun!!! It's hard to tell what a pregnancy is doing from one hcg level alone... but your number is certainly high! good luck!

February 13th, 2008, 05:50 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you found us There is lots of support here. Good luck with your u/s and please let us know how it goes. I hope everything is okay and you see a beating little heart.
February 13th, 2008, 08:48 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you found us! Congratulations on your new pregnancy and I am sorry for your loss.

I am also pregnant right after a loss. In fact I went to the doctor 8 weeks after my loss to find out why I had not started my period and guess what...I was pregnant. It is a very scary feeling! You have not had time to heal from the loss and all of a sudden you have a new little life to think about.

Your beta of 150k is really great! And from the sticky posted on this board it sounds like you are 7-8 weeks.
* 7 - 8 weeks LMP: 7,650 - 229,000 mIU/ml
So if you have an u/s tomorrow you should be able to see a beautiful little heart beat!

You are going to be in my thoughts and prayers! Please let us know how everything goes! And PM me if you need anything.

February 13th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Helena33
I think my second HCG levels were around 164, 000. Thanks for letting me vent, as tommorow gets closer, I get a little more nervous
February 13th, 2008, 12:41 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Congratulations on your pregnancy !! and welcome to the board !!!!

I know it's hard to stay calm, especially the day before an appt or u/s !!
just know that we are here for you !! and cant wait for an update !!!!

February 13th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Helena33
am also pregnant right after a loss. In fact I went to the doctor 8 weeks after my loss to find out why I had not started my period and guess what...I was pregnant. It is a very scary feeling! You have not had time to heal from the loss and all of a sudden you have a new little life to think about

Thats the same as me. I went ten weeks after d/c to find out what was going on. I am quite nervous and scared. I was told in the u/s that the baby was gone and that is what is really scaring me. I had a later u/s planned for end of Feb. Part of me would have prefered that as if anything was to go wrong it would have happendd by that appoitnment.

Its the same doctor and I am so scared I am nearly physcally ill over it all.
February 13th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Helena33
am also pregnant right after a loss. In fact I went to the doctor 8 weeks after my loss to find out why I had not started my period and guess what...I was pregnant. It is a very scary feeling! You have not had time to heal from the loss and all of a sudden you have a new little life to think about

Thats the same as me. I went ten weeks after d/c to find out what was going on. I am quite nervous and scared. I was told in the u/s that the baby was gone and that is what is really scaring me. I had a later u/s planned for end of Feb. Part of me would have prefered that as if anything was to go wrong it would have happendd by that appoitnment.

Its the same doctor and I am so scared I am nearly physcally ill over it all.
February 13th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Its the same doctor and I am so scared I am nearly physcally ill over it all.[/b]
I still get scared before every appointment. I think it is normal. Some of the other girls have posted about having the same feeling. And honestly I don't know if it ever gets any easier.

For me it helps to set little goals. My 1st was to make it past 6w's (that is when I would start bleeding with my losses) than it was to see the heartbeat, than the 1st trimester. My new goal is the big u/s in march.

Try taking a long warm bath tonight to help you relax.

February 13th, 2008, 05:03 PM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
It's totally normal to be scared after a loss... a lot of us feel that way! Including me! I'm always so worried, but I think it gets easier as time goes on. Somewhat anyway.

Welcome to the board! And congratulations! I'll be crossing my fingers for a good appointment next time!

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

February 14th, 2008, 07:21 AM
I just wanted to wish you some good luck today. Please let us know how your appt goes.
February 14th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Helena33
Excellent doctors appoitnment. There was a beautiful little baby, good strong heartbeat. I measured at 10 weeks and a little bit. My baby is due September 10, I am so happy.
February 14th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Awsome news

I am so glad that you had a good doctors appointment and how exciting to see baby's heart beat! And o' my goodness you are almost out of the 1st trimester! That is just so great! Congratulations

Are you feeling a little better today?

February 14th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Right on!!! I am so happy you got to see the heartbeat. Are you feeling any better?
February 14th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Helena33
I am feeling very good, on cloud nine. I am so happy. The doctor told me its very rare to lose a baby after seeing the heartbeat so I am thrilled.

Thansks
February 14th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
YAYYYYYYYYY!!!! *tears* that is so awesome!!! and look you are already almost out of the 1st trimester you lucky duck!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search