I didn't think I was going to need to come here

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2008, 11:18 PM
NewportMamaBear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to NewportMamaBear
how I feel.

A short introduction--I'm Kristen and I am in my 8th week in my first pregnancy after my m/c in November. I had spotting on the Wednesday of my 8th week last time, then it went away and on Sunday it came back full force. By Monday night I had passed the baby.

Today is the Wednesday of my 8th week. After DTD I had spotting. It's too coincidental for me and pretty much freaked me out. I did post about it in my DDC, but I figured that some of the women who've helped me in the PL and TTCAL boards might be in here. I just didn't feel right posting about it there. If any of you are praying people, I would love to have some prayers sent my way for my baby. Please just pray for us to get through the rest of this week and weekend okay.

Sorry for the sudden burst in, but I never thought I'd be coming in here. Things seemed to have been going so well. I'm glad in advance that you're all here.
February 13th, 2008, 11:32 PM
tiffani76541's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi!My name is Tiffani, and I have a 4 month old little boy, after a previous loss, at 21 weeks.I hope you stick around, these ladies really got my through this pregnancy.There is no question you shouldn't post, or anything you can't vent about.As for the the spotting, this is VERY normal, especially during the beginning of pregnancy, and even more so after DTD. The cervix can be irritated during sex, and cause light spotting. I never spotted after DTD,but I would after EVERY OB appt. I used to freak me out too.

I know how hard it was to get passed the milestone of the day you had your loss, during a new pregnancy.The days seem to drag.It's really hard, but you will make it through!If you need to talk about ANYTHING, feel free to post, and we'll help you out the best we can. I'll be thinking of you, and I hope you'll stick around!
February 13th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Thank you.

I just guess I needed a little support right now. The doctor told me it was normal and everything, it's just hard to deal with sometimes.
February 14th, 2008, 06:14 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kristen,

I am glad you are posting here. I know spotting is normal in pregnancy.... but I totally understand how you feel. I will be praying for you and your bean!

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

February 14th, 2008, 06:35 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am glad you found us. I also started bleeding this pg at 9 weeks, the same time frame in which I lost my first. I was very scary but I am now 25 weeks pg. I hope that makes you feel better. This can be such a stressful time. I hope you feel you can vent here with us anytime.
February 14th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Mum2three's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Mum2three
Kristin, its normal to have bleeding after DTD. i know its happened to me a few times. I understand where your coming from. As im 18 weeks now, and tomorrow will be my 1 year anniversary that William has left, i was 18 weeks with him to. You will never be able to let your mind rest. Its hard to over come, but sometimes you have to be happy for what you have. And im sure that Babe is happy and healthy in your tummy! We are all here for you....Keep your spirits up! and in no time you will be holding your bundle of joy!!!

February 14th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey Chica, I just want to let you know that I'm thinking about you and praying for you. I could tell you about all the times I bled with Maddy, but that won't make you feel any better. Jon, Jonathan and Maddy send their love too.

February 14th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Thank you all so much.

This morning things are better. The spotting stopped before I went to bed. I'm feeling somewhat better right now, but not completely.
February 14th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am glad the spotting went away!!!

I can understand where you are coming from, i found out i lost my last baby at 8wks3days, and im approaching that now and am so afraid of it happening to this baby too and not knowiung (I didnt know i had lost him, my body didnt miscarry, i got a D&C) so im so afraifd this bay will die inside me and i wont know it til my u/s at 10 wks.

we are all in this togetrher and all understand
February 14th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Hi Kristen! My name is Emma, i'm 24 & have experienced 4 1st trimester losses (including an ectopic pregnancy). I am also lucky enough to have given birth to a perfectly healthy baby girl - Gaby, who is now 15 1/2 months old.

I'm not 'the praying type' - BUT i will certainly be keeping you & your little bean in my thoughts. I saw your pregnancy announcement on the pregnancy loss board, and have been thinking about you since! (I think of all the ladies from that board who get their BFP's).

I know spotting can be terrifying - BUT it is quite common to have spotting after sex, particularly in the first trimester. I sincerely hope that is all that this spotting is. I remember when I was 5w4d with gaby (which was the gestation where I lost my previous baby) - and I got up & was spotting. It felt like such a 'sign'... but nope, now Gaby is a little looney, running around creating havoc wherever she goes

February 14th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Kristen! I just wanted to pop in & let you know you are in my prayers. I'm sending you some sticky too in hopes that the little bean stays put.

February 14th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Shaustin's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Praying for you Kristen!! I'm glad the spotting has stopped, its so difficult not to freak out when you see spotting, but I'm sure it was from DTD!!

February 14th, 2008, 04:30 PM
lovemyluck's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!! dont ever worry about coming here...it is a great place to come!!

<span style="color:#FF00FF"><span style="font-family:Tahoma"> Carli Mae Montage #1 Carli Mae Montage #2</span></span> Thanks Sara for my great sig!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search