oh how rude!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So I LOVE my new doctor, adore him. But his staff is making me mad. I called to schedule an appointment and she told me (with much attitude) that they don't see you until you are at least 8-12 weeks.

I then politely told her that I have a history of m/c and I would like to see him earlier because I didn't wantto wait to week 12 to find out something was wrong. She huffed and puffed and told me I could come in for a OB confirmation on Nov 1st and then my first real big visit on Nov 28th.

I was so mad I forgot to ask her to have the doc call in my prenatal pills prescription.

Oooh I can't stand grouchy non helpful staff.....you work for an OBGYN duh you are going to have to be caring and helpful....its not like I was being a difficult patient, I was very polite.

So now I am calling back and she is hasseling me about prenatal vitamins!!!!!!!!! ugh! Like I am not supposed to have them or something!

What a witch! Then she tells me 'you have to get them when you come in, we give you samples and we have to see which one works for you.

Ugh I am so flipping mad! jerks f them I'll buy my own vitamins.

Don't they know my baby needs its folic acid everyday! Jerks.

October 28th, 2005, 09:15 AM
Natural Blessings's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You don't need a prescription for prenatals and they're not that expensive to purchase in a store. You can buy just folic acid too and take that. My dr doesn't suggest prenatals until after 18weeks(but does suggest plain folic acid). It's because the extra iron on them makes so many women nauseas that they aren't eating. They get more nutrients not taking the vitamins than they do taking them. You can also take 2 flintstone vitamins instead of prenatals plus the folic acid.

As for the staff, btdt. I dislike support staff. When you see your dr tell them how they treated you. With my 2nd mc and 2 term pg's after that I had my prenatals at 5weeks. If the staff tried to shove me off I interrupted them rudely(unfortunatly rudeness gets more action and quicker) and told them Dr. K wanted me in at that time. If they didn't want to do it still I would call back the next day and leave a msg for the dr to call me about pregnancy(I think I made it urgent too). When he'd call back I'd tell him I was pg and the staff wouldn't book me in asap so he'd do it and give the staff hell for not doing it. My dr doesn't put up with his patients being treated like 2nd rate people.
October 30th, 2005, 09:35 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
flintstone chewables

they also have folic acid

and no script needed

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
October 30th, 2005, 11:45 PM
Natural Blessings's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do flintstones have enough folic acid?