Introducing myself

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Done After One LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2011, 02:43 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi everyone. I am a fellow done after one mommy. My son, Billy, will be 16 months old on the 24th. While I get sad, at times, thinking about never being pregnant again or never giving birth again, it is what is best for hubby and I. Of course I get the usual, "You can't have just one" comments from my family. Yeah, um, actually I can.

I'm Jennifer BTW
January 17th, 2011, 07:45 AM
H1C2's Avatar Life of Love
gets old doesnt it? esp from ppl that done even have kids!! and dont want them. geesh! i kwym.

i am heather, our son is 4 mtns old this wk.
January 19th, 2011, 01:27 PM
It does get old. Then I have to get into the reasons why we are having only one.
January 20th, 2011, 07:22 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Jennifer! I agree, it gets VERY old. There don't seem to be many of us around here, but we ARE here.

January 29th, 2011, 10:15 AM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
Hi Jennifer! I'm almost positive we are done after one as well. I agree I've heard so many times how can you just have 1 then they will never know the joys of a sibling, and on and on.

February 24th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Sorry I am just seeing these posts. It's nice to meet everyone.

The sibling comment is the one I hate the most. Not all siblings get along. Plus, it's not like my son isn't going to be around other children.
October 20th, 2011, 09:09 PM
MammaHutch
Hello Jennifer! I know exactly what you mean! I dont even have my little man here with me yet and DH and I already want to be done. We are VERY happy to be pregnant and are head over heels in love but sometimes you just know. I agree, it does get old! I wish people didnt assume us women HAVE to HAVE more then one child. Actually, in some cases its smarter to have one child, my opinion. It makes me so sad to see mommies with more then one child struggling and you can see they are not happy. I dont want to be like that. For my lifestyle one is perfect.

The biggest thing people say to me is that Drake will not have social skills...um you do NOT have to have multiple children to teach a child social skills. Im sorry but thats a crock. My DH is an only child and he is not socially imparied. I am one of 4, but I always remember my Dad could not come to stuff, things were always sacraficed since there were 4 kids. I dont want that for Drake.

Honestly, I think its awesome that some women can say "I want just one" because I feel as if they have weighed out all the pros and cons and realize that one is just as great as 5 to some families. You dont see people saying "Omg, you should not have more kids" so why do they say that WE should...I dont get it.

But yes, we ARE here.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search