Helpful Tips

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section - Tips, Photos, Information & Articles LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 20th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Foberswife's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Foberswife
Hi Was nice to read these since it's been 5 years since my last child and Csection and will be having another one.

I agree with the Mom (sorry name slipped my mind) that said to walk. I was able to get up and walk a couple hours after I had my son. That was the best thing to do was walking that hallway. It made getting up a lot easier too and the healing seemed to go quicker then compared to my 1st son and Csection. Also drinking lots of water didn't make you feel drained and more energy.

</div>

<a href="http://lilypie.com" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">[img]
[url=http://our-memorial-garden.com/] </a>
August 20th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Regular
Nursery deffinately I will use that more for the next one. I just wanted to be with my son but didn't realize how much I REALLY needed the rest. I was completely crazy after a few days of being home and no sleep. Don't have to many visitors on the first day. I so wanted to stay awake and visit with family and friends. I really needed the sleep but am stubborn. The next one we won't have visitors on the first day. Only our parents. Plus on the last day or two I was super bored cause we didn't have many visitors. My favorite was the mens sweats from walmart with the elastic bottoms. I wore them for months after. Don't feel bad if you have to wear your maternity pants for a while after. Do what feels better to you. I just barely got into regular jeans at about 4 or 5 months. Like every one else get up and get moving. Take your pain meds. Some of my nurses made me request it and wouldn't just bring it in. Even if I told them to bring it in at the next due time. I will be getting one of those belly supports after my next one. They seemed like they would work well. Sorry this is so long. These are all just things I wish I would have known.
December 24th, 2008, 10:54 PM
dapgal's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wore my bella band for a while for extra support to my tummy and found that it helped a lot. I grabbed onto the headboard to help myself up out of bed instead of using my stomach. My mom stayed with me for a while to help out once DH had to go back to work. Take pain meds!
January 4th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Mom2Ethan's Avatar Super Mommy
I took the advice of several previous posters in this thread and it helped greatly. Thank you ladies!

I slept in a recliner for the first almost 2 weeks.

I made sure to blow dry my incision after every shower. Sometimes I would hit it with the blow dryer once or twice a day just to make sure it was dry if I felt any moisture.

Towards the end of two weeks and the beginning of the third week, I started going to the mall and trying to walk (albeit very slowly) about an hour a day. I believe this made a huge difference in my recovery. If I missed a day, I could really tell. I would be really sore and stiff.

I always took a pillow with me in the car to hold onto for bumps in the road. The roads around here are just so darn bumpy and pressing the pillow on my tummy (and having DH drive slowly) really helped.

I also asked for a couple of extra pair of those lovely fishnet underwear from the hospital to bring home with me. I know that sounds crazy, but they were actually comfy and I believe also greatly contributed to my incision healing very well. I sat around the house in a t-shirt and those undies for the first two weeks so my incision could stay aired out. If company came over, I just threw a blanket over me and nobody was any wiser. I only had three pair, so I had DH throw them in a lingerie laundry bag and throw them in the washing machine on the gentle cycle. They actually washed really well and didn't get torn up.

January 9th, 2009, 02:51 PM
anjelt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My feet swelled up really bad after I got home, while I was sleeping i had my feet raised. here we are 10 days later and my swelling is gone!!! I also recommend drinking a ton of water, if your feet swell like mine did the water will help you get rid of it.
March 8th, 2009, 10:51 PM
mrschamberlain's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I definitely recommend sleeping sitting up if you can, like in a recliner or something. I found it extremely hard to get in and out of bed. Make sure people know NOT to make you laugh the first few days..it will hurt really bad! When you cough, sneeze, or laugh, hold something over your incision, even if it's just your hand. It DEFINITELY takes the pain away. I would suggest to take your pain medicine about 15 minutes earlier than you're supposed to. That way it won't start to wear off as much.
Angie-wife to Justin, mom to Kaeden, and TTC #2
May 15th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Have your baby sleep close to your bed (or in your bed). Have diapers and wipes within arms reach as well. Recovering is a little easier when you don't have to get in and out of bed so much, but can instead just reach over and grab baby, (at least it was for me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just.a.mom View Post
I also asked for a couple of extra pair of those lovely fishnet underwear from the hospital to bring home with me. I know that sounds crazy, but they were actually comfy and I believe also greatly contributed to my incision healing very well. I sat around the house in a t-shirt and those undies for the first two weeks so my incision could stay aired out. If company came over, I just threw a blanket over me and nobody was any wiser. I only had three pair, so I had DH throw them in a lingerie laundry bag and throw them in the washing machine on the gentle cycle. They actually washed really well and didn't get torn up.
I took home a pair or two and machine washed them as well! I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one!
May 16th, 2009, 06:58 AM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I took those home too!

May 16th, 2009, 09:40 PM
MrsSarah1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A few things. Mine was an emergency c-section, so a bit different than planned (or so I've heard) as you go through 20+ hours of labor and then a major surgery. I was in the hospital for one extra day.

I really recommend sleeping in a recliner, and also never being alone for the first two weeks. That was hard emotionally, because I never got alone time with my new baby, but I look back now and I am so glad.

Also, our hospital didn't have a nursery (no complaints here!) so DH stayed with me the entire time. There is NO way that I could have gotten out of bed to get DD when she started to cry in her hospital crib. I had to wake DH up a few times to bring her to me, but it helped a lot.
November 10th, 2009, 08:55 PM
When I had my emergency c-section it was terrible. I didnt have my original doctor. It was terribly painful and could barely walk or move. The same night I went home I had to go back to the ER. Turns out I got a bad staph infection. Then the stupid doctor gave me penicillin-which I am allergic to! Good thing the Fred Meyer Pharmacist caught it! My original doctor thought it caused infertility because of scarring inside due to the staph infection. My hubby and I tried 5 years to get pregnant, now finally it happened! SIGH!
November 10th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Definitely the Belly Bandit or another belly binder. It helped so much for changing positions in bed, riding in the car, and bending and moving in general. Get it, get it, get it!

I third the mesh underwear - it is the absolute best!

I had my husband bring all my loose dresses to the hospital. I have a few knit and jersey dresses like from Kohl's and they were ALL I wore for about the first month. I was not getting ANY kind of waistband ANYWHERE near my incision.

August 15th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Moving around can be a problem after c section. Getting in and out of bed and chairs can be painful. We rigged up simple ropes for me to pull on to avoid pain. That helped a lot. Also, get hubby to do more ;-)
December 11th, 2010, 09:44 PM
I agree with the things everyone has said...
Sleep in a recliner, I couldn't lay flat, I sobbed when I tried.
No waistbands near incision, they will irritate it. Wear a gown.
Use the mesh panties and take home all the extra panties and pads from the hospital.
Keep up on the pain meds, you'll heal faster if your body isn't under stress from pain.
Have help the whole first two weeks, you need to spend your energy healing and nursing.
Get moving right away but take it easy, listen to your body.

Two things I can add is to get super sensitive baby wash for the shower, don't let any chemicals or harsh soaps or shampoos near your incision.
Wear a nursing bra, my nipples were sore and needed the pressure on them.
March 28th, 2011, 12:35 PM
My husband bought me a c-section healing gift from The Recovery Kit. It was such a nice surprise to receive at the hospital. Loved the belly bandit and the c-section underwear, not to mention the CHOCOLATE!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search