Helpful Tips

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section - Tips, Photos, Information & Articles LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2008, 08:42 PM
MrsStuartD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I want to get a helpful tips Sticky up here. If you have something you did that helped you heal or deal with your cesarean section then please post it here. I will make this a sticky.

Thanks Nicole (MommaDucks) for my new & awesome siggy.
January 8th, 2008, 08:36 AM
I'll start.

I slept in my recliner for the first 4-5days because it was easier to get out of the recliner then to get in and out of bed.

January 8th, 2008, 11:22 AM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
A couple of hospital sheets folded into a pillow like thing to hold on your incision when you roll or cough!
January 8th, 2008, 02:48 PM
JenahsMommy022007's Avatar Member
Send a message via Yahoo to JenahsMommy022007
I used those big pads they give you in the hospital and folded them in half so they stuck together and then placed it over my incison so I could keep it dry, it helped a lot.
January 9th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Instead of using the pads, my doctor had me hang a washcloth over my underwear band to keep the scar dry and clean. It heals so much better when you keep it dry!

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

January 9th, 2008, 02:46 PM
charmed_mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Drink lots and lots of water. Those first BM's after a section can be rough.

</div>
January 10th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Even if you don't "feel" like you need the pain meds, you should take them as prescribed for the first 48hrs. This allows you better mobility to care for baby while the tender stuff heals

January 12th, 2008, 09:36 AM
PuNkLiVz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wearing a maternity belt can help alot, just make sure you put cloth over your scar first for the first few days.

<div align="center"></div>
January 13th, 2008, 08:45 PM
I kept a wicker basket under my coffee table in the main living space with all my baby needs so I wouldn't have to keep running to get things and change diapers. Everything was in arms reach. This helped my especially the second time because I needed to be where my toddler was/is.

January 26th, 2008, 10:52 AM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
If you can, have someone come during the day to help with your older children if your DH has to go back to work.
February 5th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Pregasaurus's Avatar Check out these melons!
Send a message via AIM to Pregasaurus
For the hospital .....

After your surgery when you are allowed to have fluids..... DO NOT drink from a straw.... DO NOT drink really cold drinks..... DO NOT drink sodas. All these things will cause TERRIBLE gas pains that sometimes are worse than labor pains.

If you are planning on nursing.. Take your boppy to the hospital with you. It helps keep the baby from laying on your incision. If you haven't taken it please ask for lots of pillows. I had pillows for under my arms..... behind my back... they helped a lot AND I had my boppy too.

At home.....

I can't say it enough..... ASK for help! With surgery you are prone to have post surgical blues and feel so helpless. Combine this with post partum blues it can be so overwhelming and have to added stress of taking care of a new little one...... you can get in real trouble, really fast. You need help and support.

February 5th, 2008, 06:07 PM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't forget that with most insurance plans, you can get a hospital grade pump to go home with you...don't forget it (I have forgotten that three times)
February 5th, 2008, 08:54 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
The hospital bed doesn't sit up to a right angle. It was hard for me to get in and out of bed. Tie a sheet or old pair of tube socks to the end of the bed. That way you can pull yourself the rest of the way up with arm strength rather than abdominal strength.
February 8th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Dawminatrix's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dawminatrix Send a message via MSN to Dawminatrix Send a message via Yahoo to Dawminatrix
it was VERY hard for me to get in and out of bed at the hospital, but got the hang of it after a while

the first few trips to the bathroom, i held a pillow to my stomach

and yes, take your medication, do not turn it down!!! I had hubby write down the times i took doses and i was calling for the next dose exactly when i could....one time they were late coming in with it, and my pain level went to an 8! (scale of 1-10)

once i got home, i was able to ween off and manage the pain, use the medication...it's there for a reason

February 12th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Ladies.. I'm new here.. lol.. I used baby wipes to clean the incision site. Also when I got out of the shower I would use a hair dryer to dry it on low heat and kept it about 4 inches or so away. I also put gauze at the site to keep it nice and dry.I used A&D ointment to keep it from getting infected. Yes take the pain meds on time. It will keep you from being as sore. I also slept in my recliner coz it was easier to get out of and I didn't have to use my tummy muscles. I hope this will help anyone who is about to have a c-section!!!!!
April 16th, 2008, 04:03 PM
cdefgmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to cdefgmomma Send a message via Yahoo to cdefgmomma
Quote:
I'll start.

I slept in my recliner for the first 4-5days because it was easier to get out of the recliner then to get in and out of bed.[/b]

I did this as well. Only with my last c-section though...for some reason I couldnt lye flat!

I also took the giant pads they give us and tucked it against my incision for any traveling or a lot of coughing or walking that I needed to do for the 1st few weeks....That helped TONS!!!!

April 27th, 2008, 06:51 PM
seg79's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to seg79
granny panties!!!! but supportive ones to hold pads or whatever you have over your incision. I also recommend help from fam....if you have someone who can get up at night with the baby.....less tripping in the dark
April 28th, 2008, 06:03 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My biggest suggestion is GET UP OUT OF THAT BED ASAP AND WALK, WALK, WALK, WALK, WALK (even if it's slow!!). It will definitely help you recover faster, just don't over do it If you feel you need a break, take a break! Don't be scared to get up, don't lay in the hospital bed the whole time.
May 7th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Super Mommy
I wore and am still wearing thick banned sweatpants and maternity low rise pants... the band covers exactly at the incision site which feels like a good pressure and avoids having normal pants or pajamas roll down and rest on the incision when you sit.

Thank you *Sharon* for my beautiful Siggy!!

May 19th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Tiffers's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
My biggest suggestion is GET UP OUT OF THAT BED ASAP AND WALK, WALK, WALK, WALK, WALK (even if it's slow!!). It will definitely help you recover faster, just don't over do it If you feel you need a break, take a break! Don't be scared to get up, don't lay in the hospital bed the whole time.[/b]
Yes - totally agree. I felt so much better once I got up and got moving around.

I also agree about taking the pain med at the scheduled time. It's better to stay on top of it, than get hit with the pain because the meds have wore off.

Also don't be afraid to send the baby to the nursery. I finally figured this out with my third I was trying to be supermom, but failed to realize I still needed to rest and recover from major surgery.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search