Purpose of this board & what to include in your experience story

Cesarean Section Experiences, and Birth Stories

Members of the cesarean section board give detailed accounts of their time in surgery.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Experiences, and Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2010, 07:27 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
The purpose of this board, is to give other members, an idea of what they *may* be able to expect, during their cesarean. Obviously every woman has a different experience, but for a lot of first time Mum's, they have no idea what to expect, so my hope is that by reading members stories, here - they will get an idea of the process, and what the procedure is likely to be like, when they are in theatre....

Although cesarean experiences obviously tie in very closely with birth stories, I would like if the stories on here, could be more about the actual cesarean section itself, going into as much detail as possible about the process of the cesarean... some things to include could be:

- talk of preperation PRE-c/s (mostly for those with a scheduled c/s), ie what happened when you arrived at the hospital on the day of the c/s?
- if you had an emergency c/s, what was the procedure? how long between deciding a c/s was needed, were you taken through etc, how did they prepare you?
- pre-operative procedures - how you got into theatre, what happened prior to the c/s actually beginning? Administration of medications, insertion of drip lines, fetal monitoring etc etc
- who was in the theatre - how many nurses, what doctors, etc etc
- how you felt during surgery, and how the surgical team treated you - were you told what was happening as it was happening, etc
- what happened immediately after the baby had been born - did you see the baby first? were the newborn checks done first? where did the baby go after the checks - was your support person able to hold the baby? did you? was the baby taken away to NICU?
- when surgery was finished, what happened - how were you taken to recovery? how long were you in recovery? where was the baby while you were in recovery?
- after you were out of recovery & for the first 24 hours post birth, how did you feel? pain? effect of pain meds? effect of anaesthetic? was breastfeeding effected at all?
- anything else you feel may be useful to share

Title your story with your name, date of c/s & whether emergency/scheduled & what anaesthesia (general or local)...
for example my title would be: Emma's Emergency c/s, 26 Oct 06, Spinal Anaesthesia

I figure that if we label them this way, members who are looking for a specific type of c/s to read about - for example, an emergency c/s under general anaesthesia, they'll see from the title which one's meet that criteria.

I'd love it if as many members as possible could give their detailed accounts, obviously the sooner they're done after a c/s, the more detail that can be remembered (ie my c/s in 2006, I have little clear memory about, lol)...

Last edited by Gaby&Emmy'sMama; April 1st, 2010 at 07:40 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search