Jackson - Scheduled Repeat C-Section 11-20-2010

Cesarean Section Experiences, and Birth Stories

Members of the cesarean section board give detailed accounts of their time in surgery.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Experiences, and Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2010, 07:58 PM
My3Boys64's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think that it is important to know just what to expect before going into a c-section so that there are no surprises and you can mentally prepare as best you can so as to be as calm as possible. In my first pregnancy I knew only that I would do everything in my power to avoid the dreaded c-section and so did not even give a thought to what it would be like if I did have to have one. When the doctor told me a c-section must be done right away and I was immediately wheeled into the operating room I was panicing and very afraid of what it would be like to be awake for surgery. I was vomiting the entire time and my heart was beating a mile a minute, it took two hours for me to be released from recovery. It was not nearly as bad as I had feared and so the 2nd time around I was not as afraid and was actually told by the nurses and anestesiologist that I was one of the calmest and most relaxed c-section patients they had ever had! I prepared for my 2nd c-section by reading accounts of other peoples sections and studying the procedure from start to finnish - then I said to myself "Now I know what will happen and I will be calm and brave and everything will go well and I will not worry one moment about it". Think positive and do not dwell on the worst possibilities. Have faith in God and your doctor and do not worry, but prepare yourself and pray for the best outcome and it will be alright! I hope that my account will help other women to do the same

We (DH and I) arrived at the hospital and where told that two other c-sections where being done and so there would be an extra hour before I could have mine. The wait was not bad and it went by pretty fast, I must have been in a sort of meditative state preparing myself for the surgery because DH took a few pictures and I am always just sort of sitting on the bed with a serene look on my face. I remember I just focused on thoughts of finally meeting my new baby boy and looking forward to that miraculous moment when you hear that first cry and your heart just swells up and you know you would have known that cry anywhere, that it is your baby. While we waited they hooked my up to an IV and the anestesiologist (sp??) came in to explain the spinal procedure. He was great! I told him I would likely get sick like I did in my first c-section and he said for me to let him know if I do and he will give me some medicine to help it which was a huge relief to me because vomiting while flat on your back is horrible. DH was given his OR garb and some instructions as well. When it was time to go in to surgery DH was taken to some other room (not sure where) and I was asked to walk into the operating room which I did find very strange, it was so cold and kind of creepy to walk willingly into a room where I would be operated on and see all the equipment and the table and everything. Still, I did not dwell on being afraid and I walked in and sat on the table. The nurse sort of hugged me while the anestesiologist administered the spinal which was a nice change from my first ceserean birth when I had to hunch over the bed while having horrible constant contractions! The spinal worked almost instantly and I felt very warm and comfortable. About a minute after that DH was brought in. I already felt sick and vomited once, then the anestesiologist put some meds into my IV and it was immediately gone!! They began the surgery right away and I was surprised how quickly it all happened. There was a period when they where getting the baby out that I became extremely uncomfortable and really had to grit my teeth and I remember thinking it went on forever but then I heard that glorious first cry and then it was all forgotten and I was crying tears of joy without a thought for anything but my son. They stitched me up which did take a while but I am glad they took the time to do it well and I did heal with a pretty thin scar and only a tiny bit of infection. I was wheeled into recovery and was able to breastfeed and hold my baby right away (HUGE change from my emergency c-section when I did not see DS for hours! ) and was feeling pretty good aside from nausea due to the morphine. My time in recovery was much shorter this time and I was wheeled into my hospital room. All-in-all I think it was a positive experience and it was so much nicer to have a scheduled c-section than an emergency. BTW My son was 7lbs 13oz 21 inches long with perfect health and APGAR score and I named him Jackson Henry.

Danielle - Mama to William 02-05-08, Jackson 11-20-09 & Mason 09-08-11.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search