Arrival of Erin Lindsey....plus our c/s video!

Cesarean Section Experiences, and Birth Stories

Members of the cesarean section board give detailed accounts of their time in surgery.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Experiences, and Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2011, 10:26 PM
mmten7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So...here's our story.

I checked into the hospital Thursday 02/24 at 0530 so they could start the fluids. I needed to have two bags before surgery. They also started a bag of antibiotics. My doctor came in the pre-op room about quarter to 7 and wanted to do an u/s to see where the baby was. Turns out, she was frank breech. Meaning....her butt was stuck in my pelvis. She has been in that position since about week 24...when I 'thought' she moved into head down. This whole time...what I thought was her little butt sticking out on my right side...was her head. Her butt was lodged in my pelvis and hadn't moved in 16 weeks. Pretty scary.

At 0720, they got me up and I walked down to the operating room. Everything was very calm. As I was walking down the hallway, my doc chimed in, "So are you sure about the tubal." I remember looking at him and laughing...saying yes I was sure. They had Kevin stand by outside until my spinal was done. I walked in the room and sat down on the table. The lady that did the spinal was awesome. I remember joking with her asking her to please be gentle. I had TOTALLY psyched myself out about getting the needle in the back. She was AMAZING...because I never felt a thing! They laid me down exactly at 0735 and started prepping me while the spinal kicked in....it took about 5 minutes. At 0750, little Erin was born. I didn't feel a thing, just a little tugging. She was a little peanut at 6lbs .02 ozs and 19 inches long. She passed her apgars with flying colors and had an amazing little set of lungs. Kevin left with the baby to go to the nursery where they cleaned her up while they did my tubal and stitched me up. I was back in my room at 0820, where Kevin and Erin were waiting for me.

I was so at peace with everything. It was an amazing birth and my recovery has also been amazing. I was sitting up and walking around as soon as the spinal wore off...about 11am. The nurses were pretty amazed at how fast I was up and around. I also had a BM at 8pm that night. Awesome! I was worried about that too. With Megan...I think I didn't have my first one for almost 5 days and it was horrible!

I was released from the hospital on Saturday around noon. Erin is a little jaundice, so I took her back to the hosp on Sunday for more bloodwork. We also did a follow up with her pediatrician this morning...and more bloodwork. She is still slightly jaundiced...but her levels are declining. She's not half as bad as Megan was. We have to follow up again tomorrow. And...I've been taking her myself. I can't believe how easy a recovery this c/s was! I was up and about so much faster....and haven't even touched the percocet this time. Last time...I remember asking for a refill! LOL And...I didn't even need a Motrin today. It's been great.

My MIL is here...and has been here since Saturday night. So on top of being home with a newborn...I'm entertaining. I haven't been on the computer at all.

Megan has been absolutely amazing with Erin. She loves her so much and just wants to hold her and kiss her and love on her. She is also very, very helpful...bringing me diapers and wipes and throwing the dirty ones away. It's fun.

Erin is such a good baby. She barely cries....except when she's hungry. And...she's a perfect little eater too. She latched right away and is nursing like a champ! My milk came in Saturday night around 8pm....2 days PP. Awesome!

So....here are some pics. And....for anyone interested...rather than take pics (which I'm kinda upset about)...Kevin filmed the birth. So there is a link to the c/s if any of you would like to see it. It's fun to watch the doctor pull her out....her little head was stuck for a minute. And the first cries are the best.

By null at 2011-02-27

By null at 2011-02-27

By null at 2011-02-27

By null at 2011-02-27

By null at 2011-02-27

By null at 2011-02-27

Megan meeting her for the first time!

Shot at 2011-02-27

By null at 2011-02-27

By null at 2011-02-27

By null at 2011-02-27

By null at 2011-02-27

....and here's the video.

YouTube - 003.MP4

Thank you so much mylene169 for my awesome siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search