Who Is Here?

Cesarean Section Grief

A board for members whose cesarean section experience was not a positive one.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Grief LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 14th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Name:
Tell us a little about your situation (as it relates to c/s grief):

April 16th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My name is Kim and I am 39 years old.I have a 21 year old (who I had vaginally) and I have a 2 year old via c-section.

I had toxemia/pre-eclampsia with both pregnancies.I knew I would most likely have to have a c-section with my son because he was so high up and my cervix was not favorable.So due to that and my high blood pressure(from pre-e ) they induced me and ended up having to do a c-section.

I was on magnesium sulfate for 24 hours afterwards to keep my bp down so I wouldn't have a stroke....I was also on dilaudid for pain.I was so drugged for the first 24 hours it wasn't even funny....
After I left the hospital I developed a superficial bloot clot in my left leg(I have a bad vericose vein in that leg)and I had to have it seen about and treated with strong antibiotics.

I was so depressed and just not myself and for months afterwards I cried at the drop of a hat.I thought things were getting better and then my husband was deployed to Iraq.Finally about 3 or 4 months after he left (and my friend urging me to calll the doctor)I called my obgyn and he prescribed me lexapro.It has helped me and I am not drugged or drowsy and I still take it.

My husband came home last month and things are getting better.

Sorry to write a novel.lol

April 28th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi! I am Beth (38) and my daughter Katie was born in November. My c/s grief issue was not so much the c/s itself but rather that having my breathing stopped by the epi and Katie being delivered by emergency c/s.

February 17th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Veteran
Hello I am Steph, I am 25 and I have a 3 year old and a 1.5 year old both born by C/S.
My grief stems from my first being born at 24 weeks and me having to undergo emergency classical c-section. I was not able to have VBAC after that. Recovery was painful and I got an infection after that put me back in hospital. I had a normal C/S with DD2 and because I had a lot of scarring from my first C/S it's unadvisable to have anymore kids, but I am hopeful for at least one more (hopefully a boy!)

Come check out my crafting forum everyone is welcome!
http://www.calgarycrafters.com
October 6th, 2013, 10:03 PM
I had my daughter a little over 2 years ago. When I was pregnant with her I had every uncomfortable pregnancy symptom and a disease called Cholestasis (I can't remember what it is now) basically I had to be induced a week earlier then my due date or we ran the risk of still birth. I went to my OBG/YN for a normal weekly check up 3 weeks before my due date and was told to go to the hospital because my she i didn't feel her move around all day. Her heart rate was normal though so that was a good sign. I got to the hospital at 5pm and was immediately induced. after hours of waiting for my contractions to start they decided at 3am to break my water. That's when my contractions became unbearable (I'm a big baby when it comes to pain lol). The anesthesiologist was already waiting for my contraction to pass to administer the epidural, but when he put the needle through my spine broke through the thin membrane that holds the spinal fluid and temp. paralyzed me from the waist down. I had to wait for it to wear off before he could try again. It wears off from the waist first and he couldn't re-administer the meds until i could move my toes. My contractions come back with a vengeance as life is coming back to my lower body. our babies heart beat dropped down to 18bpm. Nurses and the Dr. were telling me to get ready to push, the anesthesiologist is telling them he has to redo the epidural. I'm yelling she's not ready yet. they said push again, I said I am but she's not ready. They ended up rolling me down to ER operating room while the anesthesiologist is on my bed behind me administering the meds in my spine. we got to the electric doors and he pulled the needle out as we rolled through and they started prepping me for surgery. They stopped my husband at the door so he can get scrubs on. My epidural didn't kick in right away, and I screamed that I felt the blade cut me and the surgeon stopped mid cut. The nurses yelled that I was just scared and to continue since her heartbeat was still dropping. No one explained to me what to expect with an ECS, I was so scared and alone in a crowded room. I'm strapped down on a metal table arms stretched out and restrained like Jesus on the cross and a white sheet blocking my view. The surgeon continued, I didn't feel pain this time but I felt the incision. There two nurses next to me one in each ear, the right side was saying "your going to feel pushing, pulling, tugging, stretching..." she fades out as the nurse in my left ear was saying "shot in the shoulder" about 6x as I felt each pin prick as she said it. Then I feel what the right side voice said before and I'm crying for my husband. After feeling like my body was ripped in half, a weight lifted from me and then a loud screeching baby cry. I tried to catch a glimpse of her but that sheet blocked my view. I was so exhausted but I forced myself to stay awake long enough for my husband to walk through door. He missed everything because in the rush of it the nurses forgot to go back to get him. He asked me if I was ok and then the Dr asked him if he wanted to meet his daughter. He called out her name she stopped crying, she already knew that was daddy. I passed out right after that, I woke up to a nurse in my ear again telling me I'm going to feel a warm sensation go through my veins. I needed a blood transfusion. After the ECS my vitals started dropping and they were rushing to save me now. My daughter was born at 5:08am, I finally got to hold her 9 hours later. I always said that she will be perfect when she's born, its me whose getting the beating.
I know my story is long but, I was traumatized after that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search