It is good to see this board

Cesarean Section Grief

A board for members whose cesarean section experience was not a positive one.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Grief LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2010, 03:55 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was really saddened when the c/s grief board was taken down.

My first son was 2 days over due, and for no other reason than the doc though he was big was I induced. I had a violent reaction to the pitocin. my contractions started, they were 15-20 minutes long and I was only getting about a minute break in between.

The doctor didn't believe the monitor and tried to reinsert it 4 times.

After one hour on the pit Adam's heart rate bottomed out and recovered very slowly. I was told I would have a c/s. and less than 3 minutes later I was in the OR being prepped for a spinal.

His heart rate crashed again, and they made the decision that I would have general anesthesia.

The doctor looked at me, told me my DH couldn't be in the room. Told me to stop crying and relax. And then I woke up.

I was disoriented, in pain, unpregnant. I was showed the baby once while in the recovery room, but I don't remember it. I didn't get to see him until several hours later.

I found out later that my MIL got to see and hold my baby before I was even awake.

The whole thing was horrible and it still bring tears to my eyes to think about.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 22nd, 2010, 07:09 AM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think a lot of people don't understand that not all c-sections are good experiences. As scary as mine was, I'm glad I was awake for it. General anesthesia sucks!!

April 24th, 2010, 09:15 AM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
I agree that it's difficult to find people who understand. I get soooooo tired of the insinuations that something is wrong with me or that I'm not a very good mother or my priorities are screwed up bc I have c/s grief.

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
April 27th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
HUGS
I am glad that we all have a place to post again.

May 1st, 2010, 12:57 AM
Karlie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
awww, that breaks my heart that you went through that.

May 4th, 2010, 06:17 PM
challowell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had c-sections with both of mine and neither one went well. With Rachel they induced me for 12 hours and gave me stadol and I never progressed anyeven though my contractions were 3 minuites apart. They had me sign the papers for my surgery and the medicine in the spinal knocked me for a loop. I remember nothing from the first two weeks of rachel's life. And then when I went to have Jamie the dr.would only do a c-section on me ude to rachel's birth. The doctor who done my spinal for Jamie was the one who ruined this one for me.He tried for 40 muites to get the spinal in right and Kepthitting the spine. I wanted him to stop but he kept reminding me my hubby was on the other side of the door waiting to come see the baby be born. a year later I still have severe back pain there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ami N View Post
I was really saddened when the c/s grief board was taken down.

My first son was 2 days over due, and for no other reason than the doc though he was big was I induced. I had a violent reaction to the pitocin. my contractions started, they were 15-20 minutes long and I was only getting about a minute break in between.

The doctor didn't believe the monitor and tried to reinsert it 4 times.

After one hour on the pit Adam's heart rate bottomed out and recovered very slowly. I was told I would have a c/s. and less than 3 minutes later I was in the OR being prepped for a spinal.

His heart rate crashed again, and they made the decision that I would have general anesthesia.

The doctor looked at me, told me my DH couldn't be in the room. Told me to stop crying and relax. And then I woke up.

I was disoriented, in pain, unpregnant. I was showed the baby once while in the recovery room, but I don't remember it. I didn't get to see him until several hours later.

I found out later that my MIL got to see and hold my baby before I was even awake.

The whole thing was horrible and it still bring tears to my eyes to think about.
It is scary and I am glad others can talk about their bad expirences.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search