From Dr.s to midwives to Dr.s - My not so wonderful experience

Cesarean Section Grief

A board for members whose cesarean section experience was not a positive one.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Grief LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2010, 02:40 PM
WasabiMommi's Avatar Pamper your aunt!
When I got pregnant last time around I was so excited to do it naturally. I was seeing my regular Ob/gyn until I was miraculously accepted into a local birth center. They strongly advocated against medical intervention and natural everything. When I told my Ob/gyn I was switching, he basically told me I was hurting my baby by doing so. Anyway, I loved going to the birth center. It was very comfortable and the midwives were very nice. Then in my third trimester I started itching. First they suggested soaking and lotions..Didn't work. And, the itching got worse. I complained at every appointment. Finally it got to the point where I was bleeding from itching and finally completely unable to sleep. I complained to the midwife yet again and she reluctantly took some blood to send it off for testing. I had a hunch and called in the next day for my results. They tried to avoid giving them to me since they would have to call the lab and then call me back. Finally I got my results and my bile acid levels were 117..I think normal is below 12? And, I officially had Cholestasis. By then I was about 27 weeks pregnant. They said I could no longer deliver at the birth center and sent me back to my OB/gyn who scheduled my csection for the following week. That night I went into labor. I labored for 14 hours with irregular contractions, in a bed. I gave in and got some medication. They broke my water and it was full of miconium. That is when the babys heart rate dropped significantly. All of the sudden they were having me push once, discovered she was breech and within 20 minutes they had my 5 lbs baby next to me. I was completely out of it from the meds and the nurses were worried. It really scared my husband. Anyway, in the beginning I was so excited for a natural birth but then I became angry at the extreme anti medical stance the midwives had taken. My baby could have passed away because they refused to test me. After my cesection I felt broken and depressed. I was unable to breast feed and I have permanent nerve damage. I will most likely have Cholestasis again and will be going through Drs 100% this time. I am also fine with a possible second csection. I have tried to find support for women like me who feel broken and damaged by their c-sections. I am happy I found this board! I have to admit I am a little scared for this new pregnancy!
July 22nd, 2010, 10:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad to have you join the group.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search