9-30-09 Norah

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I went into this my last pregnancy recovered from Peri-partum cardiomyothay, 12 pregnancies losses five of those were between DS#2 and this pregnancy, I had two pre-term births, history of 2nd trimester bleeding(both times at 15-16 weeks) gestational diabetes with two pregnancies plus over weight, and with my youngest son hydroandromis(too much amniotic fluid). I had promised my cardiologist this was my last baby.This pregnancy was far more stressful than the pregnancy with my sons, in April the Peri did the genetic screening(I didn't sign for it or want it) which showed a 1:36 chance for trisomy 18(DH and I lost our first baby together due to trisomy 18 in 2003 , she died at 12 wks her names was named Caitlyn Isabella) so this was a huge hit for me but deep down I felt my baby was perfect so I went against the dr and didn't have the amnio. I also found out I had MTHFR, which the dr only had me on 1mg twice a day of folic acid, at 19-21 wks I had a Sub chronic hemorage, and morning sickness until the day she was born we made it through all that.
I went on insulin early, my fasting blood sugars were through the roof. I was admitted in July when my blood sugars were whacky and my echocardiogram showed an ejection fraction of 35%. I went on coreg(bad side effect low birth weight),lasix (as needed)and potassium(my level was very low) they did tons of blood work, I honestly thought it was wrong. My peri was determined I make it 40 wks. Even with the good control of my blood sugar my amniotic fluid level kept going up, knew it was from Lasix as the same thing happened with DS#2. Well because of the amniotic fluid I kept having contractions that led to no where they would give me muscle relaxers to relax the uterus because it was stressed. The OB and Cardiologist wanted to deliver at 37 weeks but the peri saw no reason as everything was going good(I hate that man)
On Sept. 29, 2009 the Perinatologist finally agreed to induction for 9-30-09. I went in at 5:30 the day before Norah was head down and looked very engaged(I still had a lot of fluid), I was 2cm, 75% effaced and was determined to have a natural childbirth. The pit was started everything going good the nurse anesthetist( my hero) came in to ask me questions just in case and to meet me because he had heard so much about me and remembers my story from when I went into heart failure on that floor. It's at 9 and I'm at 4cm, 90% efaced when the Dr finally comes in at 9:30(this is same Dr I can't stand) she checks me she does feel a head and tell me that may be why I am having so much pain in lower left side. They do a quick U/S at 10:15 and sure enough my baby girl turned, so I go from determined to have a natural childbirth to a C section. It all happen very fast, I was in the OR getting a spinal(with a 24 hour morphine) by 10:30. The spinal wasn't any worse than a Epidural, which made me puke but my hero George held the thing for me to puke and gave me phengran, DH was then allowed to come in and the surgery started. At 11:11 am on 9-30-09 my princess(finally after the loss of three known baby girls) was born. As soon as she was born I asked the dr to remove my tubes, I didn't want to take any chances and she did because another pregnancy would either kill me or weaken my heart so bad it may never recover.The day after Norah was born my ejection fraction was 63% well over low normal, so due to that they cut my Coreg and I was able to breastfeed two hours after my coreg. The Dr really can't explain why my heart went back to normal so fast but I believe it was a miracle. As far as the C-section it was really easy I was up doing things the day I came home.
Norah Isabella was 5 pounds 6 ounces, 18 1/2 inches long. I carried her the longest and she was the smallest.

Norah with Mommy and daddy.

This is Norah now. at almost 7 months she is a delight and my princess.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

April 20th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is an amazing story!
I am glad to hear that you and Norah are doing good!
April 21st, 2010, 05:44 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Your story is inspiring, and Norah is a beautiful little girl!!!

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search