Welcome Tropical Wilds!!!

Forum: Northeast Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Northeast Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2007, 02:11 PM
PeanutandPiglet'sMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to PeanutandPiglet'sMom Send a message via Yahoo to PeanutandPiglet'sMom
Hello Tropi! And welcome to the boards!

I caught your post in ROLL CALL so I just had to say HELLO here!

I also caught a glimps of a doggie blinkie...I'll have to go back to look again but...what kind of dog do you have? We have a shepard/lab mix...total mutt actually but he's wonderful! His name is Ranger...I call lovingly call him Ranger Roo! he's my 2nd baby! Got him when I gave up on TTC my youngest...hahaha...4 days aftrer bringing the puppy home I realized I never got my period that month and well...got a BFP!!!

Looking forward to getting to know you and getting some input on New Hampshire!

August 29th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Tropical Wilds's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Hello Tropi! And welcome to the boards!

I caught your post in ROLL CALL so I just had to say HELLO here!

I also caught a glimps of a doggie blinkie...I'll have to go back to look again but...what kind of dog do you have? We have a shepard/lab mix...total mutt actually but he's wonderful! His name is Ranger...I call lovingly call him Ranger Roo! he's my 2nd baby! Got him when I gave up on TTC my youngest...hahaha...4 days aftrer bringing the puppy home I realized I never got my period that month and well...got a BFP!!!

Looking forward to getting to know you and getting some input on New Hampshire![/b]
Wow! Thanks for the welcome! I really didn't expect a whole topic just for little ol' me. I'm obviously a total noob, and I'm still trying to get the feel of where I belong and where I don't, considering I'm not a mom yet, nor am I trying.

My puppy is a German Shepherd from a rescue agency who saves dogs from Puerto Rico. He's a nitwit, named Lokie, after the God of mischef (it's Loki is the reason Friday the 13th is unlucky ). We love him to bits, and we're just like parents with how we brag on him. People think we're nutty. LOL! I need a blinkie that says "I love my German Shepherd." LOL!

</div>
August 29th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Send a message via MSN to PeanutandPiglet'sMom Send a message via Yahoo to PeanutandPiglet'sMom
My Ranger Roo is a rescue pup too! He was originally from Kentucky and was rescued from a kill shelter. My DH wanted to get a full bred German Shepard and I wanted a Lab so when I can across Ranger on PetFinder.com...we both fell in love with him instantly. He was only 6 weeks old when rescued and 8 weeks when he came home with us so he's my baby.

JM is quite big...lots of boards to explore. I hope you stick around and post with us!

You could request a siggie with Lokie's picture in it.

August 30th, 2007, 04:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy

August 30th, 2007, 07:18 AM
kris3307's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi, my name is Kristina and I want to Welcome you to the Northeast Mommies Board...

I also consided myself a mommy when we got our dog Charlie (Soft Coated Wheaton Terrier).. I love my dog very much and so does my daughter Sara who is 14 Months.....

I hope you stick around....

Kristina k

[
August 30th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Quote:
My Ranger Roo is a rescue pup too! He was originally from Kentucky and was rescued from a kill shelter. My DH wanted to get a full bred German Shepard and I wanted a Lab so when I can across Ranger on PetFinder.com...we both fell in love with him instantly. He was only 6 weeks old when rescued and 8 weeks when he came home with us so he's my baby. [/b]
How funny! We found Lokie (and subsequently the rescue we got him from... Puppy Angels) from petfinder.com! We'd been waiting for the regional GSD rescue to get back to us, and the snobs never did, even though we called them weekly. Then, I stumbled on Lokie's listing, and I fell in love, I got in touch with them before even showing my husband his listing or picture and said "That's our dog!" Because we'd been in the system trying to adopt for so long (it took us 9 months of hassle and frustration with the GSD rescue before we gave up and then stumbled on Lokie), the sweeties at Puppy Angels expedited our application. They had another family interested in Lokie, but I told the woman (in tears) our story and how I knew he was ours, and he ended up going home with us.

Quote:
JM is quite big...lots of boards to explore. I hope you stick around and post with us![/b]
Oh, I plan on staying. You'll probably get sick of me! Right now I won't be on much, but when vacation is over, you won't be rid of me.

I was wondering, though... Is there a "wanting but waiting" board somewhere on here? I skimmed and I didn't see one, I didn't know if I missed it or if it was a subforum.

Quote:
You could request a siggie with Lokie's picture in it. [/b]
LOL! I could! I was thinking about maybe requesting a blinkie though... I'm a blinkie fanatic. We'll see. I'll get settled in and I'll go from there.

Quote:
Welcome to the boards!!

I notice that one of your blinkies says "I love my pilot"! My DH is a pilot, too!

Does your dh fly just for fun or as a professional?[/b]
How cool!

My husband is a professional pilot. He's an EMS pilot, he flies an EC-135 for the regional trauma center. Before that, he flew in the gulf and for the military. So he's been at it for awhile. How about your husband?

</div>
August 30th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Here is a link to the Waiting to Try to Concieve board...

WTTC

I know of few of the girls in there and they are really a fun bunch. However...you won't find me there anytime soon. I've had the baby bug on and off but ultimately I think I'mdone with having babies. My two girls keep me running.

August 30th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy

August 30th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Welcome to the boards!!

I notice that one of your blinkies says "I love my pilot"! My DH is a pilot, too!

Does your dh fly just for fun or as a professional?[/b]
How cool!

My husband is a professional pilot. He's an EMS pilot, he flies an EC-135 for the regional trauma center. Before that, he flew in the gulf and for the military. So he's been at it for awhile. How about your husband?
[/b]
That's very cool! My DH flies a corporate jet. He's currently in a Challenger 604 and a Citation VII. It's his dream job and he's very happy.
[/b]
Now how cool is that?

I told my husband what your husband flies, and his exact quote was "Holy ----! That's fricken sweet! Those are some serious buis jets!"

I know nothing about avaition, but when a 36 year old man who's generally unimpressed with everything says that, I'm guessing it's a pretty awesome gig! What's his schedule like? Hectic?

Quote:
Here is a link to the Waiting to Try to Concieve board...

WTTC

I know of few of the girls in there and they are really a fun bunch. However...you won't find me there anytime soon. I've had the baby bug on and off but ultimately I think I'mdone with having babies. My two girls keep me running. [/b]
Thanks a ton for the link. I'm thinking that I may be setting up shop there for quite awhile. But the good thing is that such a board exists. I've been tearing apart the net to try and find something like it. I feel so relieved that there's a place I can go now. Thank you!

</div>
August 30th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy

August 31st, 2007, 05:32 AM
Dang, must be nice.

My husband has 7 days on, 7 days off, 12 hour shifts, 10a-10p. Very much an EMS schedule. It's better than what it was... 3 days at 7a-7p, 3 days at 7p-7a, 6 days off.

</div>
August 31st, 2007, 05:53 AM
Not to butt in on this conversation.......

The TTC boards are great...just don't forget about us here!

OK...back to your conversation...

August 31st, 2007, 06:07 AM
Of course I won't forget about here!

Like I said, you guys are going to be so sick of me... You'll notice that every-other-week I practically live online.

</div>
August 31st, 2007, 06:36 AM

August 31st, 2007, 03:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy

September 1st, 2007, 06:31 AM
Quote:
So, does your DH have any experience flying jets? if so, i know of a company looking for a few good pilots with military experience! LOL Ever think of living in south central PA?? LOL[/b]
Alas, no.

But if you know anybody who's looking for helicopter pilots...

</div>
September 1st, 2007, 06:40 AM
Totally side note again here...but I think this is the longest "welcome" thread here!

September 4th, 2007, 08:40 AM
It's because I'm a blabber mouth.

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search