Question about Schools...

Forum: Northeast Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Northeast Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2007, 05:34 AM
PeanutandPiglet'sMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to PeanutandPiglet'sMom Send a message via Yahoo to PeanutandPiglet'sMom
For those of you who have children in Kindergarten or up...

Do you have to supply alot of items for the classroom?

Kaylee finally got her kindergarten "welcome" letter and there was a list of items she needs to bring in to the "community box".

This is what is on the list:

1 box of crayons (8 -10 in thebox)
1 box of washable markers (8 - 10 in thebox)
2 -3 glue sticks (not the blue or purple kind)
1 box of ziploc baggies (any size)
1 box of tissues
1 box of baby wipes
1 hand sanitizer lotion (8oz or larger)

Now....whatver happened to the school suppling things like this?!?!

Does your child's teacher ask for things like this? I mean, really? Tissues?

August 31st, 2007, 05:40 AM
Tropical Wilds's Avatar Veteran
Is that just for your child, or is that something to be put into use by the whole classroom?

</div>
August 31st, 2007, 05:50 AM
Send a message via MSN to PeanutandPiglet'sMom Send a message via Yahoo to PeanutandPiglet'sMom
It's for the whole class room!!!

I bought the items on her list but rather than a box of 8 crayons for $2.00 I got the box of 24 for 12 cents!!! And I belive the markers I got are a box of 11...

The teacher added in the letter that other various items will be requested as needed.

I remember having all of this stuff supplied by the school?!?!? And I mean, it's only kindergarten?

The tissues blow my mind! I remember being excited to go to the main office to ask for a new box of tissues for the classroom when I was in gradeschool...it was *cool* to do that job. Now, we have to bring in a box?

August 31st, 2007, 05:58 AM
Tropical Wilds's Avatar Veteran
Well, sad to say, it's not uncommon around here as our school's budgets are so strapped for cash. My sister got a huge list for her son who's in K, and on his list were things like map pencils (?!).

If I were you, I'd shop at the dollar store and call it a day. Materials are materials, no matter where they come from.

</div>
August 31st, 2007, 06:35 AM
Yep...my thoughts exactly. I bought the supplies yesterday in Walmart and the bill wasn't bad. I'm just shocked at all of this. Where does our money go as tax-payers if the public schools can't supply the basics? KWIM?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search