Everyone's a critic...

Forum: Newlyweds TTC Graduates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Newlyweds TTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2011, 02:12 AM
Every family member, friend and co-worker seems to have an opinion. So let's hear yours, ladies!
We are very newlyweds (married 12.11.10) and got pregnant (purposefully) three months later.
We haven't told many people as I'm only 5 weeks, but even the people who know we were ttc, are such a damper on our happiness. They will say: "Don't you want to have a few years alone before the stress of a baby!?" or: "So you guys are sick of each other already, huh?" Which is just downright offensive! We are madly in love and both agree that we want five kids and we just don't want to be too old for that last child (or any).
Are any of you newlywed mama-to-be's experiencing this?
April 15th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry they are being such downers. I can't say that I'm experiencing it NOW, especially considering I'm 33 and DH is 38. Everyone is very ready for us to have a little baby. But, I did go through that with my first marriage. I got pregnant (after a year of trying) at the age of 20. But, I was the first child & grandchild in my family to have kids. So any negativity was pushed aside pretty quickly and the excitement of a new baby took over. I hope it does for you soon too!

Thank you, Peimum for my beautiful siggie!

2/13/11 12/1/12

May 30th, 2011, 01:40 AM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm just lurking in but thought I'd share. Me and DH are both 20 and were married 9/17/10 and we are due 6/14/11. If you do the math, that puts the date of conception during our honeymoon. I LOVE this. And we tell everyone we weren't trying but we weren't preventing because I don't want to hear all the comments people have... But we were trying and a select few know that. We had decided to try for that month and if it didn't happen, we'd wait a year and then be actively trying until success. We didn't really think things would happen this fast, but I'm happy they did. We also want a basketball team and while we plan to adopt, I want to be done with newborns by 27...

Anyways, what gets me are the comments like, well was he before or after the wedding? Uhh, is that really any of your business? I know we conceived the night of because I had ovulation cramping, so he really was made out of love and I like to share that, but it makes me so mad when people pass judgement. I especially hate when people ask if he's why we got married. And I'm like, yes, we got engaged because we knew I was pregnant with a child that would need 15 months of gestational time...

We still catch a lot of flack for being so young, but it's not like we don't have our lives together and can't take our son on mentally or financially. I also resent when people ask me stupid questions about our marriage like, "Aren't you worried that you guys will get a divorce and then have this kid to tie you together?" I swear people have no tact. I just smile real cheesy and snidely reply, well I wouldn't have married the man if I thought we were going to divorce.

Some people. Everyone wants to live a rockstar's life I guess. Just doesn't seem all that fulfilling to me.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

Tags
newlyweds , pregnant

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search