my little escape artist

Forum: Midwest Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Midwest Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2011, 02:06 PM
artisticmind's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been in my CNA class at night and will be until the end of the month so JJ is in charge of Riley by himself at nights, dinner, bedtime, playtime, etc. We usually go to the gym in the early evening (The Y), check Riley into the Child Watch area and go do our stuff. JJ has been doing this by himself lately since i've been in class, no big deal. He tells me monday night "oh, i didn't tell you, he (riley) escaped from Child Watch last week, did i?"

um, excuse me?

he goes yeah, i remember seeing a little kid run down the hallway (jj was in the weight room which is in the basement, it's on one side and the racket ball courts are on the other) but didn't think much of it. then Andy (one of the employees) carries Riley in and JJ figured it was for a diaper change and he hadn't heard a page. Andy goes "you need to watch your little boy." JJ was puzzled and asked why. "he's running down the hallway and you can't do that, he has to be supervised." jj replied and told him "well, he's supposed to be in Child Watch." the kid was like "oh...i'll take him back and let them know he was out."

At first i kind of thought it was funny, its the Y he couldn't get far (and the pool area doors are way tooo heavy for him to be able to open) and then i was pissed because that's not very safe, if someone would steal my textbook from the locker room, lord only knows what they would do with a little boy wandering loose

JJ had told me that when he went to pick riley up for the night the one of the ladies in charge of the Child Watch apologized profusely to him and said she had sat by the door and caught Riley trying to go out once when someone came in to go across the hallway to one of the basketball courts and she grabbed him but later on didn't realize he'd went out the door when another mom had come in and didn't know the child watch sign in proceedures and had a language barrier and wasn't quite picking up the directions.

When i went to the gym yesterday i made the comment to the morning ladies that i had heard that riley escaped the prior week. They were in shock "That was Riley?!" we heard about it but didn't know it was him. I said yep, it was. and they asked how he knew to go downstairs and i had said i've carried Riley down there a couple times trying to find JJ after I was done with my workout and had Riley to see if JJ was ready so that was probably the reason for that. "but the stairs?" we have stairs in our house, he's a master at them. They told me that they had a maintenance request in to fix the door so that it latches and you can't just push on the door to open it. They're a double plate glass door with the push bar across the middle which before they remodeled and moved the Child Watch location the entry door was the farmhouse style solid door that split in the middle, the outside handle opened the door and from the inside you had to push the handle in and then turn which i was always confused as to why they didn't put that style of door or something similar on the entry. maybe an escapee will speed up that request.

Baby Girl expected 2.12.13!

Annie :wife to JJ and mommy to Riley
missing our Feb. 2012
May 23rd, 2011, 09:25 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
ohh man!! at least he didnt get too far and didnt get lost!!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search