May Chat

Forum: Midwest Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Midwest Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2012, 11:53 AM
somo_chickenlady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Stephanie, I know what you mean about never expecting infertility to happen. When I had just turned 20, I got pg on accident but then miscarried. Then two months later (March 1998) I got pregnant with DS. We weren't trying for either pregnancy. We prevented until July 2000 when I had an ectopic right off the bat. I had a few early miscarriages throughout the next couple years, and then I had an early second trimester loss that I think seriously messed up my system, b/c I haven't been able to get pregnant at all since then.

There are still months that I get my hopes up, especially when my period is super late (my cycle is so messed up, though, it isn't regular at all anymore), but I don't allow myself to get as upset as I used to. Disappointed? Yes, but I no longer go into deep depression every time I don't get that positive. Kwim?

As for school...
I wish I could go to school. I would love to get a nursing degree, and work in the OB department of a hospital. Becoming a doula would also be awesome, but I don't think there are specific classes for that. I became a CNA a few years ago, and worked for a while in a children's hospital, but I get sick REALLY easily, and I kept missing too much work. That's why I think working on an OB floor, where most of the patients aren't actually sick, would be better.

My husband is going to start college next year, going for a Design and Drafting degree. He's a machinist right now, and he used to have his own company but he wasn't making enough money so he had to get a job somewhere else. He loves what he does, but he hates his job. He isn't working to his full potential, only doing the grunt work, and he can't get them to believe that he really can do more than that. He has his own machines at home, so he knows how to use them, but they won't let him touch the similar machines at his work, and it irritates him.

Click on my blinkies!!

**thank you SO much to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy
and to CupcakeJamie and Niamh ૐ for my blinkies!!**
May 18th, 2012, 10:17 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
I seriously considered OB nursing too. I considered going to midwifery school too. In the end, I just didn't know if I could handle helping other ladies have babies when I am not able to do it myself.

I also understand thinking that one of your losses might have screwed up your cycles. My last loss was in June of 2010. I was only 8 weeks, but it's the furthest along I had gotten. I haven't had a pregnancy since then. I don't know what is worse.... the multiple losses or the inability to get pregnant at all.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
May 19th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Veteran
I had my first birthchild at 19 after already becoming a stepmother to 3 children half my age. Now when I go to college graduations and preschool round up all in one week I go from being the youngest mommy/grandma to the oldest mommy. Mind you I'm only 33 does anyone else experience this and how to you answer those always awkward questions and looks from good intentioned strangers?

We had several losses before we had our biological 2 after that I had to have an emergency hysterectomy I have never felt right since now I just feel like I'm deffective. I understand how it is I'm just thankful for the kids I do have and the many adopted and neices and nephews I have. I still have that void though

May 20th, 2012, 05:48 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Quote:
I had my first birthchild at 19 after already becoming a stepmother to 3 children half my age. Now when I go to college graduations and preschool round up all in one week I go from being the youngest mommy/grandma to the oldest mommy. Mind you I'm only 33 does anyone else experience this and how to you answer those always awkward questions and looks from good intentioned strangers?
That must be really strange... I get a lot of questions/ comments about our family size, and when that happens I tend to just give a dumb smile and shrug of the shoulders. Sometimes I'm able to think of some real zingers later, but never at the time, LOL! But when people are just being jerks I'm training myself to say "that was rude of you to say/ask". Then walk away, end of conversation. I don't have time for people who just want to try to make me feel ashamed of my family, KWIM? So, while I haven't been in your specific situation, I feel like I can identify with your feelings.

Well, yesterday was sunny, windy, and 90+ degrees; today it was storming and only 55. I know Oklahoma originally had the reputation (thanks to Will Rogers) for suddenly changing weather, but I think it's pretty strange up here too. We had some big-time hail, so I suppose it's just as well that I'm procrastinating on my gardening, LOL!

So, tomorrow is the start of a new week already. I swear this month is just flying by.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

May 20th, 2012, 08:52 PM
somo_chickenlady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMomma View Post
I seriously considered OB nursing too. I considered going to midwifery school too. In the end, I just didn't know if I could handle helping other ladies have babies when I am not able to do it myself.

I also understand thinking that one of your losses might have screwed up your cycles. My last loss was in June of 2010. I was only 8 weeks, but it's the furthest along I had gotten. I haven't had a pregnancy since then. I don't know what is worse.... the multiple losses or the inability to get pregnant at all.

Strangers having babies never affects me, unless like on a SAHMs a TON have them all at the same time. Then I get a bit upset, but I get over it quickly. It's mostly hard on me when my family members have babies. My sister had a baby, and when he was 6 months old my SIL and DH's cousin had babies 2 days apart. That was REALLY hard on me. I worked in childcare with young babies for 16 years, and it never bothered me at all.

I think the inability to get pregnant is worse. At least if I continued to have losses, I would have hope that eventually one would stick. I can't have a baby if I don't get pregnant at all.

Click on my blinkies!!

**thank you SO much to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy
and to CupcakeJamie and Niamh ૐ for my blinkies!!**
May 21st, 2012, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstout View Post
I have my first so young, that I will very likely be in this same situation before too many more years pass. I hope she waits longer to start a family than I did, but if she has a child at the same time I did, I'll be a grandma at 35. It is very likely that my children and I will both be having children at the same time at this point. I am pretty vocal though, I will likely just say things like, "Hey, you aren't raising any of them, and you sure aren't paying for them, so it really isn't any of your business." I'm vocal enough that it tends to get me in trouble quite frequently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmomofmany View Post
So, tomorrow is the start of a new week already. I swear this month is just flying by.
It really has! I can't believe we are already nearing the end of the month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by somo_chickenlady View Post
I think the inability to get pregnant is worse. At least if I continued to have losses, I would have hope that eventually one would stick. I can't have a baby if I don't get pregnant at all.
That's pretty much where I am at too. As painful as the losses were, at least the I knew I could get pregnant.

AFM..... AF showed up over the weekend and ruined a very promising cycle. I spent the weekend pouting, and now I am back on track and we have decided to go all out TTC for the next couple of cycles. I'm temping/charting, using OPK's and taking Soy Isoflavens (a natural alternative to Clomid) to see if that will help.

I'm also trying to put together a yard sale, and getting some paperwork done so that I can possibly get a grant that will cover my summer classes. (WOOT!) This week looks to be not too busy, but not too boring either.

May 22nd, 2012, 08:39 PM
Sorry I haven't been posting much... busy week this week. One more week of working an extra night and then starting in June I'll have two week nights off in a row. That will be awesome! I have a WIC appt. tomorrow and an interview Thurs. to see if they will pay for me to do the CNA. Please, if you can, send prayers my way for that... I'm trying not to be nervous!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

May 23rd, 2012, 07:41 AM
Prayers headed your way. I hope it all goes well! Having two nights off in a row will be really nice for you!

I have all my paperwork finished and ready to get it turned in for my grant. If this goes through I will be able to pick up a second class this summer! YAY! I took a class last summer and ended up missing 2 class sessions (out of 12) and the attendance points for those two sessions would have made the difference between an A and a B. I am so neurotic that I am going to retake it this summer in order to get my A! lol This is the only class that is preventing me from having a cumulative GPA of 4.0 though, and I have fought hard for that!

May 25th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Okay, I just had some homemade, still warm from the oven bread, topped with homemade butter (thanks for sharing how to make that Kara!). It was so delish! I really, REALLY need a dairy cow now. I would SERIOUSLY fence in my yard at let her roam if I thought I could get away with having one in town. I can't wait to be able to buy land and move out of town!

May 27th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Steph, when will you find out about the grant? Good luck! My appt. went well, easy peasy. She gave me an English/Math competency exam (and I'm like really? LOL) and went over my paperwork. Basically told me that now I have to wait until the first of July to see if they have funding. I feel like I made a good impression, though, so that should help. I hope so!

Gosh, I haven't made bread in forever. Wish I had time to today!

May 28th, 2012, 08:13 AM
I don't know when I will find out for sure. The lady that I talked to about it kind of made it sound like a sure thing though. Basically they thought they were out of money, but then realized they had much more tucked into an account than they realized, so she told me to get my paperwork back to her asap so that they could process my grant.

May 29th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Well, good luck and KUP!

It is windy and wet outside and I'm not in the mood to do anything, much less go to work this evening. We have rabbit stew on the stove for supper- it smells so good! A few years ago our "neighbor" bought SIX breeding rabbits and then just let them go in his yard. Needless to say, at any given moment we can look out our window and see literally dozens of them. He killed our cats last year because they were "supposedly" killing his bunnies. But now "his" bunnies are taking over our whole yard. So, we decided what the heck.. we both come from a long line of hillbillies and white trash that lived on rabbit, why not try it? LOL! They are super easy to process and YUMMY. And, I have to admit... I get some satisfaction knowing we're eating the neighbor's rabbits.

May 29th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Now THAT is funny!

I totally dropped the ball today. SHEESH! First day back to school/work (at the school) and I set my alarm to get up and post questions before I left. Yeah... I woke up with just enough time to throw on my clothes, grab my books and run out the door. Flash back to high school! Hopefully I do better tomorrow!

Since I didn't post any questions or remind you to post any questions, feel free to post your own question of the day tomorrow instead of today. lol

May 29th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Oh, yeah... you were having a bad day, huh? That's one thing nice about working evenings- I never oversleep and end up late for work!
MountainMomma likes this.

May 31st, 2012, 11:41 PM
Gosh, I don't know what the heck is going on with me. I've somehow managed to get my days and nights confused! I mean.... it's nearly 2 am now, and I am wide awake! (thankfully tomorrow is a day off!) I may end up pulling an all nighter so that when bed time rolls around tomorrow night, I will actually be able to sleep!

Anyone have any plans this weekend?

I'm not doing much of anything other than housework and school work tomorrow (today...whatever!). Saturday I am taking my jewelry to a vendor fair and hopefully making a TON of money because I have to make a tuition payment next week, and making it with money I wasn't counting on having doesn't hurt as much! lol Sunday we have church and laziness in between services as usual.

June 1st, 2012, 06:44 AM
Good luck at the fair!

I have this weekend off, thank goodness! It's been six weeks since my last free weekend, and I'm really relieved. I have a race on Sat morning (five miles, hope I make it!) and we have church that evening. We might get together with friends,or I might just see if I can sleep all day Sunday.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search