May Chat

Forum: Midwest Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Midwest Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2012, 12:05 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
Let's chat! This is a place to tell us anything you want to about anything. Let's set a goal too! How many comments can we get in this thread before May 31st? 50? 100? 150? 200? You tell me. I personally would like to see us hit 100, but that is going to mean a lot of talking! lol Also, for these comments to count for the May Top 50 Boards, they have to be more than just a smilies or a single word. Let's get chatting!

So, one of my three finals this week is now completed. I have a fourth class, and I took that final last week, so I am half way done. I also met with my adviser today and cleared up a nightmare with my schedule. Goodbye summer vacation, now I have to take an accounting class this summer. (Otherwise I would have had to move my graduation date.) I do get about 3 weeks off before summer classes start and then 4 weeks after they end, but it isn't the 14 weeks I was looking forward to! lol

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
May 8th, 2012, 06:54 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I suppose missing out on summer off is better than graduating later. G/L with finals!

Um, not much for me to chat about right now. I really should try to get some housework done, but I'm not in the mood. Didn't I just do all that yesterday? And the day before? LOL!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 3 and John Anthony, born May 24

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

Remember your resolution to lose weight or start working out? Click the blinkie to join us!

May 8th, 2012, 07:33 AM
I feel you on the housework. With finals week in full swing it just keeps piling up higher and higher here. That will be pretty much all I get done this weekend. lol

Yes, giving up my summer is better than graduating late. Especially since we have already begun part of the graduation party planning. (ONLY because my family has to travel 900+ miles to be here!) I was just glad it was something that we could fix easily!

May 10th, 2012, 05:13 AM
so what's your major, what classes are you taking?

I thought about going back to college but then I realized I had to be out of my friggin mind to even think I could handle it. Too time consuming, too expensive, and I really should be investing more in the kids' education at this point and less in my own. Send the little buggers out into the world so they can start supporting their poor ol' momma! LOL!

Well, this is my one day off this week. So, yay for that. I'm off Sunday but hubby has planned a camping overnighter with some friends (they have 4 small kids) and while I don't mind camping exactly.. it's not what I'd choose to do on Mothers Day. I work Friday night until 10:30, work Saturday morning at 8:30, will get home just in time to get to church (which is also like work for me b/c I do the music) and then we'll rush home and get ready to go camping. Oh, well... it's gonna be fun.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 3 and John Anthony, born May 24

Remember your resolution to lose weight or start working out? Click the blinkie to join us!

May 10th, 2012, 03:08 PM
I am majoring in Business Administration and Accounting. I just finished up with Accounting 1, Marketing, Business Law 2 and Business Math and Calculators. I am taking Accounting 2 this summer (online) and then in the fall I will be taking Macroeconomics, College Algebra, Small Business Management, Intermediate Accounting, Computer Business Applications, and Personal Wellness.

I've been back and forth on going to school. I finally decided to do it because we live in a very rural area, and I could not see myself running the register at the local grocery store for the rest of my life. I had to do something different, and without an education, I was never going to get out of this area.

I will finish up with my Bachelors in January of 2015 and my daughter will start that Fall. lol

I love camping too, but I don't think I would choose to do that on Mother's Day either! lol I hope you enjoy your day off!

May 11th, 2012, 07:10 PM
I spent my day putting in my garden today. We doubled from the size we had when we put it in last time (two years ago. I didn't get to put one in last year). I am glad to have it put in, but I will likely double it in size again next year too. lol I'm trying to get DH to enjoy this kind of thing more so that he will go for the idea of buying a big ol' farm after I graduate with my Bachelors!

What did everyone else do? Anyone have big plans for the weekend?

May 13th, 2012, 03:32 PM
I finally decided to do it because we live in a very rural area, and I could not see myself running the register at the local grocery store for the rest of my life.

Are you my long lost clone or something? I work at the only grocery store in town... have been running the register (and stocking the beer!) for 2 1/2 years. I've found lots of things to like about my job (mainly great hours, great boss, and meeting interesting neighbors) but it is the very definition of a dead end job. The most I could ever hope for is to get "promoted" to working days so I wouldn't have to mop. That's why I'm going to try to take a short nursing course this summer (CNA). It's still an entry-level crappy job, but at least it would pay more than minimum wage and there would be more opportunity to advance in the future if things worked out.

Camping was fun but so tiring. I tried to turn in at about 2 a.m. but lay there checking my watch until 5:45. It was so cold! I got up and went for a walk. Ended up walking nearly 10 miles. It was much warmer outside once I was moving. So now we're home and I'm avoiding everyone, LOL~!

Your gardening sounds awesome. I wish I enjoyed it, but it's just work for me. I told the kids if we were gonna do a garden this year they should be in charge. Somebody actually went so far as to find most of the rakes, shovels, etc. But nobody has actually done anything yet.

May 14th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Last year I took several summer courses, and told the kids the garden would have to be their job. we didn't have one. lol

I enjoy it, I just have to have the time. Since I am only taking one class this summer, it shouldn't be an issue. I just hope it turns out a good harvest. I am just a beginner, and I really have no idea what I am doing. Just trying to make it work. lol

My business law instructor dropped a bombshell on me today. He gave us an extra credit assignment to do with our final exam. It was a question from the bar exam. After he graded it he said he I shocked and impressed him, and he thinks we should discuss my options. I always considered law school, but figured it was out of my reach. Now..... well, I am very confused now, and have no idea what to do at this point! lol

May 15th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Wow, Stephanie.. that's exciting! What do you think you're going to do?

I really should get off the computer- it's a gorgeous day to go for a run, but so very windy I'm putting it off. I hate the wind, but living here... I'm gonna have to just suck it up and learn to like it.

May 15th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Well, I think that I am going to go for it. I will finish up at the community college with my AS in Accounting and Business Admin. first. It kind of depends on what my body decides to do though. We are actively TTC again, and a baby would change everything. I won't go to law school with an infant at home!

Speaking of TTC...... is that a new ticker in your signature, or am I just oblivious and didn't notice it until today?

May 15th, 2012, 10:02 AM
It's new... I got a very memorable Mother's Day gift. We haven't told anybody yet... It's still sinking in, I guess. It is funny, though, that I make a ticker before telling my Mom!

May 15th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Well, Congrats! You must be so excited! Have you told your kids yet?

May 15th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Thank you, we are excited. Hubby has a serious problem with keeping secrets, so yeah.. we told the kids. Oldest DD (15) said "I kinda think we have enough already". Teens. The older boys are playing it cool, the younger boys are really excited. Mary (4) is already asking how much longer until the baby comes out.

Very best wishes as you TTC... Maybe we'll have babies close in age.

May 15th, 2012, 01:40 PM
That would be nice. I doubt it is likely though. I am trying to stay hopeful, but we haven't prevented in over 6 years. There have been times of NTNP and times of TTC, but I think we are going to have to do IUI or IVF. I don't have insurance to cover that, so I am guessing that I am headed to law school in a year or so. lol

I am sure that Mary is going to drive you crazy wanting to know when the baby is coming. How long does she have to wait? If you are 5 weeks, that puts you due early to mid January right?

May 16th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Yeah, that's what we figure- calling it Jan. 15th.

I have about an hour until I have to go to work. Then I get a day off tomorrow.

May 16th, 2012, 12:37 PM
somo_chickenlady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations Jennifer!!

Good luck TTC Stephanie! We have been TTC for almost 12 years, so I know how it feels. We have gone back and forth through the years of NTNP and TTC, and I have pretty much given up.

That's awesome about going into law school, though.

I have been feeling really cruddy the past few days. I have been sleeping a TON, I just can't get myself to wake up, and when I do I feel like I have been hit by a bus. Then I have been dealing with fatigue and terrible headaches throughout the day for the past few days. It just seems like I can't get enough sleep. Ugh.

Click on my blinkies!!

**thank you SO much to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy
and to CupcakeJamie and Niamh ૐ for my blinkies!!**
May 16th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Being fatigued sucks. I've been dealing with that the past couple of days myself. Of course, I am also in the 2ww, so I keep trying to convince myself that this is possible pregnancy symptoms. -sigh- This cycle has been just promising enough that I am sure I am in for a big fall in a few days.

I go back and forth between having given up and having tons of hope. I almost wish I could just give up entirely, because having hope generally just ends in heartbreak month after month. I never expected to deal with this either. I used to be one of those people that infertile people hate. My daughter was conceived when I was just barely 17, and we were preventing. I was 20 when I got pregnant with my son while NTNP. I figured that if i was trying, it would happen really fast. HA! What a joke that was.

Part of the reason I am excited about law school is because I figure I could work from inside the system to belp make some much needed changes to the foster parenting/adoption systems. The income potential doesn't hurt either! lol

Jennifer, I hope your time at work passes quickly so that you can enjoy your day off tomorrow!

May 17th, 2012, 07:08 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Congrats Jennifer! I got my BFP with my oldest on Mother's Day 5 years ago!

Good luck to everyone in school. I'd love to go back, my dream job is to be a student forever. I've toyed with the idea of nursing school and even applied once, but got wait listed because I don't have all of the pre-reqs despite having a biology degree. Someday maybe. *sigh*
May 17th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Thank you ladies!

The lady at Michigan Works finally found my application and now I have to write a personal statement of my employment goals. I'm guessing it should be a standard three-paragraph essay? Have any of you written anything like this? Shouldn't they just know that I'm fantastic and worth the investment?

May 17th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmomofmany View Post
Shouldn't they just know that I'm fantastic and worth the investment?
Well, of course they should! lol I've never had to do anything like that, so I won't be much help.

Mylene, being a student forever does sound good to me, and at the rate we are going, I just might be! lol We decided today that our current plan of attack is for me to finish up my AA in Business Admin and Accounting at the community college (I'll graduate in May 2013) then transfer to AIB ( a local business institute) where I will get my bachelors in both. (graduate Feb. 2015). After that I will go to work for a year or two while DH finishes up school, and then I will go back to law school. *shaking my head* Looks like I will start law school in the fall of 2017, and graduate in the summer of 2021 with my law degree and my Masters in Business Administration. I'll be 41 at that point, and surely will have come up with some other reason to go back to school! Oh, and with this current plan, my 11 year old will likely graduate from college before I am finished with school! HA!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search