June 2012 Chat

Forum: Midwest Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Midwest Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2012, 09:23 AM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
How is it June already?!? May seemed to fly by!

Ok ladies....I'm throwing out a challenge. May ended with 36 posts in our chat thread. I think we can do better. I'm challenging you all to help get us to 75 posts this month! That's just a little over twice what we did in May! We can do this! Get busy posting!

What are your plans for this weekend? What are you having for dinner? What are you wearing today? We can talk about anything, but talk!

Jennifer, I see you have a race on Saturday. Good luck! You'll have to let us know how it goes. I want to get to a point where I am running in races, but that isn't going to happen anytime soon! I still have a LONG way to go.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
June 2nd, 2012, 03:31 PM
I had a vendor fair today to sell some of my jewelry. Big flop. -sigh- You win some, you lose some. I did earn enough to make up for the gas over and back, but that was it. It wasn't just me though. All the vendors were complaining. No one was spending any money. All I really got for my effort was a sunburn!

Today was also our 5th anniversary. We were supposed to take the kids to see The Strength Team tonight, but they decided that today was a good day to break every rule we have ever given them, so I guess Matt and I are going to go to the movies instead.

How is everyone else's weekend going?

June 3rd, 2012, 11:32 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
That's too bad the vendor fair didn't go better for you. At least you're not out your gas money. Do you have an online shop somewhere, or pictures of your stuff? I'm flat-butt broke but I love looking at hand made jewelry.

Happy Anniversary!

The race went pretty well, at least I finished it. My time was about a minute faster than last year, but still super duper slow at 53:14. I would have hoped to do better, but considering how crappy I've suddenly felt, I think I did pretty well just showing up and finishing.

We can't decide what we want to do today. Maybe we'll go find a hiking trail, or maybe we'll hang out here. I actually slept until past noon today. Here it is 2:30 in the p.m. and all I've done is shower and drink coffee and fart around online. LOL!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

June 3rd, 2012, 12:18 PM
Triple SDesigns | Facebook

That is the Facebook profile I set up for my jewelry. It needs to be updated though. I have a TON of stuff that I don't have pictures for. Hopefully tomorrow I can get some pictures taken and get it updated.

June 4th, 2012, 11:59 AM
It feels like I just sat down and now I have only 30 minutes before I have to leave for work. Boo! Sorry I'm not going to be able to post much today.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

June 4th, 2012, 01:40 PM
I went grocery shopping today and spent almost $600! Of course, that gets everything we need for the month except another gallon or two of milk here and there. We have a birthday boy this month, so we ended up getting a special (EXPENSIVE) meal for him, and cake and the stuff to decorate the cake. We also ended up getting more junk food than normal because we went just before lunchtime and everyone was hungry. Big mistake. lol We also ended up having to restock quite a bit of our spices and condiments today, which adds up fast. I still nearly had a stroke when she gave me the total.

When we were finished, we pushed our three carts out to the car, opened the trunk and I had my second stroke of the day. DH forgot to unload the trunk, so I had two folding tables, two camp chairs and my canopy from my vendor fair in there. Not sure how we managed to get it all home, but we did. Now I have tons of food and no idea what to make for dinner!

June 5th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Well, today was a crazy day! I overslept and was running late. Then, just as I was headed out the door for school/work the cat threw up on my book bag (GEE THANKS!) so I had to clean that up. I got to work and we were having a training session at the school for local law enforcement. It's always interesting when you get that many cops/jailers in one area! lol I think there were 18-20 law enforcement vehicles in the parking lot today. After school, I had to go vote (Iowa's primary was today) and then we had our city council meeting today. We were scheduled to speak (thanks to our annoying d-bag neighbor that is causing problems) so I had to be there for that. It didn't go well, so I ended up spending a couple hours taking out my frustrations on the weeds in my flowerbeds and gardens. (Basically, the council said "yeah, he's a d-bag. We aren't going to do anything though, because it's not us that he's bothering.") Three of the seven members want to help, three don't, and the swing vote wasn't at the meeting tonight, so the issue was tabled until next month. -sigh-

Anyway, enough rambling from me. What's going on with everyone else?

Jennifer, have you had any morning sickness, or are you lucky and not suffering?

June 6th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Geez, I'm tired just reading that. Funny about getting home with all that food and not knowing what to make. I do that all the time.

I don't have morning sickness like normal people. usually I don't feel upset stomach until later in the day- in the afternoon and through the night. By far the most noticeable symptom is that I am so tired all the time, and that makes me really grumpy. I cuss a lot under my breath and to DH, too. Customers at work have been just pissing me off. Oh, and everything stinks. Other than that, I'm feeling pretty good, LOL!

We went to this thing they had at the library to start their summer reading program. They have a science theme this year. I didn't know there were so many kids in the entire county, and there they all were playing with balloons and corn starch and magnets and q-tips in the library. I spent most of the time just trying to make sure Lucy didn't escape the building or eat anyone's experiments. Actually, Mary did eat the raisins that were supposed to "dance" in a jar of vinegar and baking soda. Hubby was the smart one- he brought his laptop and some headphones, LOL!

I have no idea what we're going to do this evening...

June 7th, 2012, 09:20 AM
I didn't have any morning sickness at all with my daughter. With my son, I had ALL DAY sickness for almost 6 months! They even had to take me to the ER a couple of times to get fluids and anti nausea meds by IV because it was so bad I couldn't even hold down enough water to take a pill. I lost weight clear up through the 25th or 26th week of that pregnancy. It was bad.

My online class is going smoothly so far (after finishing the first unit out of 7 I have a 111.11%) and I meet with the lady about the grant this afternoon, so I am pretty excited about getting that out of the way and getting the grant to the school so that I can sign up for my next class.

June 9th, 2012, 03:29 PM
You're off to a great start!

I have nothing to say, really. Just hi and hope everybody is having a nice weekend.

June 10th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Today is my son's 11th birthday (how the heck is my BABY 11 already?!?) We've spent the weekend playing games, swimming at the lake and cooking all his favorite foods. We've had a great, fun-filled weekend, and now I am WAY behind on homework! lol

Tomorrow will be nose to the grindstone all day and hopefully I don't have any problems getting the assignments done before midnight!

June 10th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Happy Birthday, Will!

I'm just annoyed right now. Got home from work at 3 pm after a really busy morning to find no plans for dinner and nobody had bothered to fix lunch even. So obviously everybody is starving (I didn't have time to eat b'fast even today) and the heat isn't helping. I almost never have a problem with DH except that he seems completely incapable of planning even the simplest meal without my direct help and involvement. It's almost like it comes as a complete shock to him that dinner for 9 people doesn't just fall out of the oven. God love him, LOL!

June 12th, 2012, 06:25 AM
UGH! We downloaded a video game for the kids last week, and it sucked me in too! I'm spending way too many hours playing that game with them that *should* be spent sleeping instead! lol It makes for rough mornings.

Probably won't be around much today. I work in just a bit, and then I have to catch up on homework tonight.

How is everyone else's day looking?

June 12th, 2012, 10:35 AM
hubby took the kids hiking but I didn't go because I have to work tonight. I have a job interview tomorrow. She told me there will be a questionnaire to fill out and then I'll interview with two managers. This is for an entry level job at a mental health facility. I still won't hear anything about the CNA class for two more weeks at least, so I figured might as well keep as many options as possible open. That's it for today.

June 12th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Good luck at your interview! I'm still hoping things work out for your classes!

June 13th, 2012, 06:27 AM
Jennifer, make sure you stop by and let us know how your interview went later today!

Ladies, come out, come out wherever you are! As much as I like talking to Jennifer, we need more ladies in this conversation! lol

It's hump day... what's left on your to-do list for the week that you haven't gotten checked off yet? What are you looking forward to this weekend?

June 14th, 2012, 04:03 PM
I have pink eye. I am not happy. I not only have pink eye...... I have it in BOTH eyes. -sigh- I absolutely DESPISE eye drops too. It's going to be a long weekend. I have to put 2 drops in each eye 4 times a day! Just shoot me instead. lol

June 18th, 2012, 07:47 AM
How was everyone's weekend?

We had a long, eventful weekend here. A feral cat turned up in my garage with a litter of kittens. She then left with half the kittens. We watched all day long and she didn't come back so we tried to bottle feed them. Two of them ate, the third was the runt. She was just too small and too cold. She wouldn't eat, and I couldn't get her warmed up no matter what I tried. She ended up taking her last breaths cuddled up on my chest. It was one of the saddest things I have ever experience. When she died, my dog just cried and cried from the other room. I have no doubt that she somehow knew what was going on. Thankfully, late last night, momma kitty returned and took the other two back and moved them down the road to where she took the rest of the litter. I suspect that a stray dog was preventing her from making it back. She took them quickly and I am sure they will do fine. They seemed much stronger than the one we lost.

My sister was in labor all weekend. She called me Saturday afternoon to let me know she had lost her mucous plug and was contracting every 10 minutes. He was born a little after 4:30 this morning after a 36ish hour labor.

June 19th, 2012, 08:49 AM
That was sweet that you took care of the little kitty. Too bad it died.

I'm not sure what we're up to today, but I work later this afternoon. We were thinking of taking the kids to town to the library but the 4yo threw up twice this morning. I think it was just a random thing, she seems fine now. But I really don't like the idea of getting caught out with a sick kid. It's happened before- not fun! And of course, one kid throws up, hubby and the rest of them automatically think they're going to be sick, too. They are so silly...

June 19th, 2012, 09:35 AM
I'm working this afternoon, but I think I might surprise the kids and take them into the next town over this evening. They do Tuesday Night in the Park. Tonight is a free community meal, and then a movie shown on the side of the building. They are showing UP, which the kids really enjoyed when we say it the first time. It will be a nice change of pace.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search