August Chit Chat!

Forum: Midwest Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Midwest Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2012, 09:36 AM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
Ok, I will admit, for the past few weeks life has been insane and I have been a really bad host! I apologize for that. Lets turn this around and get back on track! What is everyone doing this month, this week, whatever!

Are your kids ready for school to start? Are YOU ready for school to start? Have you bought supplies?

I've got pretty much everything that Matt and I need for school to start. Our situation with the kids is a bit different than most. Because we are homeschooling, and we broke for summer late we aren't starting until late. I am getting ready to order their curriculum and we will get their supplies just before we start schooling in the middle of September (after everything goes on sale YAY!).

The kids are still with their Dad. They will be coming home on September 14th and we will start their schooling the next Monday. This week, Matt and I are camping. We planned on camping this past weekend. We have had so much fun and the weather is so nice that we are staying all this week too!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
August 9th, 2012, 07:19 AM
We finally got some rain. I am so grateful for the rain we are getting. I just wish the storms weren't so nasty. Tuesday night a slow moving storm hovered over our town for HOURS and lightning struck a home, burning it to the ground. Thankfully they were able to get out of the house ok, but they lost everything. They have small children too, which makes it that much more heartbreaking.

August 10th, 2012, 08:55 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Hi Stephanie! It has been a busy month for me, too. Sorry I haven't been around much. We got rain yesterday as well, although I'm not sure we really needed it. It has been unusually hot for this far north, but I think our rainfall has been within normal. IDK, the weather here is so different from what I was always used to.

It looks like I might have another new job. This was a full-time position in home health and hospice... I put in the online resume on Tuesday night, got the call Wednesday, interviewed Thurs. and it sounds like I got it. I should know either way by Monday. So, that's exciting! If I get this then I'll work full time doing home health and part time at my other job I started in July. (So now you know why I've been so busy, LOL!)

Not much going on this weekend, though. Whew!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

August 10th, 2012, 11:31 AM
I'd say you've been busy! WOW! Exciting news, but I am sure they will keep you busy too! We've ended up with rain a couple of days which is great because it's been so long since we had any.

We are still camping. I think we are going to come home tonight or tomorrow morning and rest up in a real bed for a night or two and then head back out Sunday evening or Monday because the forecast is GORGEOUS again!

August 15th, 2012, 06:26 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
So, are you camping again this week? That sounds like so much fun!

We're not up to anything special. ATM I'm just waiting until the kids are done with dinner chores so that we can say goodnight. Hubby and I are watching a movie tonight...

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

August 16th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Nope. My dogs were missing us way too much (and we have way too many to take them all with us!) so we are staying home this week. We came home on Sunday, and while the weather has been basically perfect, we've stayed with the dogs. lol Next week they are on their own though, because I am camping again! Last chance before school starts back up.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search