In the hospital

Forum: Midwest Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Midwest Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Dan's wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you got to go home, take it easy and get plenty of rest!

February 16th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Thanks

I'm doing okay - DH has me camped out on the couch and is taking such good care of me. He even offered to paint my toenails lol. Caden is doing a lot better with this now but the dog is having her issues lol.
I feel great sitting down, its getting up and around that it really starts to hurt. Either way I am making it a point to walk 5 or 10 min every few hours.

I'm just really bored lol. Yay for laptops at least!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
February 16th, 2008, 04:45 PM
excitedmommy2007's Avatar Conservative in Exile
Awww you have a great DH!! So do you have ppl lined up to come help you with Caden?

I hope the boredom doesn't get to you, atleast there is JM!

February 16th, 2008, 06:30 PM
I have a feeling I'll be online a lot the next few weeks, blah. I'm already pretty bored. I try to walk around when I can but I need to watch myself or I'll over do it - My c-section incision came open because I did too much too soon and didn't rest.

We do have things in order for Caden - well, some of it. My grandpa is sick and my Mom might have to go down for his surgery but for now DH is home with me. My mom is watching my nephew Monday -Wednesday and my brother passes my house to drop off riley (nephew). So, my brother had another car seat put in his car and he'll pick up Caden first thing in the morning to go to my mom's and then he'll bring Caden home when DH gets off work. I feel so terrible leaving my son but I don't have many options. Caden is a very active little boy and I can't even hold him on my lap for too long. I keep telling myself to just get through these weeks the right way so I'm not faced with an even longer recovery doing too much too soon but I still wish I could take care of him myself. All day I've just sat here trying to play with him as much as I could all things considered and it breaks my heart that I can't really get into things and playing with him like we usually do.

My MIL said she can come by Friday if needs be to take care of Caden - at least I'll be home with him then. Thursday is still up in the air - I haven't been feeling too well today and haven't felt like talking much (and my throat is still a little harsh thanks to the intubation/breathing tube).

I can't even drive until my 2 week appt. Hopefully then I'll be cleared to start picking up Caden again and at least working out a little.

February 16th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Army_Wife's Avatar Blessed times 3!
Take it easy and get some rest. It sounds like you have wonderful people surrounding you and supporting you...that's great!! Get well soon!

February 18th, 2008, 08:15 AM
RainyDay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been gone a while and just saw this post. I'm glad everything went well with your surgery and that you're resting and recuperating at home now. I had my gall bladder removed about 12 years ago, so I know that recovery pretty much sucks!

Sorry you had to spend V-day in the hospital. I was stuck in the ER for 4.5 hours that night, all by myself since I went from work and DH was home with Sean. I was watching the coverage from the shootings in the ER waiting room. Seems like school shootings are happening more often in recent years--makes me worry a bit for when our kids are in school.

February 18th, 2008, 08:42 AM
DH brought me balloons and flowers for V-day and caden sent me some candy, a teddy bear, and a balloon so it wasn't so bad My Dad brought me a balloon and my mom sent me flowers so my room was festive for the holiday.

I was drugged up when the shootings at NIU happened (a nurse doubled my pain meds on accident) so it took me a while to realize it really happened. DH and I are NIU alumni and met there, so its been surreal and rough. We both spent our fair share in cole - in the rooms where the shootings took place. We want to go to the memorial but I don't know that it would be a good idea since the convocation center is huge and will be packed.
There is a memorial service for one of the victims a few blocks from our house at the same church DH and I were married in. Its all just so sad

The memorial is on Sunday and the convocation center seats 10,000 so going probably won't happen. We might just head up to campus on Saturday and pay our respects at the memorial set up in the commons. It all depends on parking - the parking deck is a decent walk from the commons and I don't know if they will allow parking any closer so I don't know if walking that far is wise.

February 18th, 2008, 09:06 AM
*~*Lindsey*~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *~*Lindsey*~* Send a message via Yahoo to *~*Lindsey*~*
Well, I am glad that you have all the help you need for that!!!!! Just stay put and get your rest! You dont want to over do it!
February 18th, 2008, 07:39 PM
excitedmommy2007's Avatar Conservative in Exile
You have great family to help you out. Don't feel guilty about having Caden go to your mothers. I am sure he will have fun playing with his cousin!! You definitely should rest now and take it easy so the recovery isn't longer and harder.

I am sure you'll be back to your old self soon!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search