In the hospital

Forum: Midwest Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Midwest Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Sorry I haven't been around lately - I wasn't feeling too great and had a nasty stomach ache. Yesterday I decided to go to the doctor but was feeling better so we just did a CBCD. Well, today my white blood cell count was through the roof and the dr wanted me to have an abdominal CT scan. I figured I'd have the scan, nothing would be wrong, and all would be well.

I was wrong! I was admitted and had to have surgery tonight. I'm doing better now and bored - the hospital has free wifi so yay for that. I had acute appendicitis so my appendix was removed. Hopefully I'll know more tomorrow.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
February 13th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom2Nat&Ry
I wondered where you were hiding. Hope you have a fast recovery. Yay for free wifi.

February 14th, 2008, 04:54 AM
excitedmommy2007's Avatar Conservative in Exile
So sorry to hear about your surgery! But glad you will be filling better and I hope you have a speedy recovery!!

I wondered where you were

February 14th, 2008, 05:31 AM
Lady Moonlight's Avatar Freddy and Sammy's Mommy
Oh wow! That's really serious! I'm glad you went to the doctor for it. My nephew (who's 9) had his appendix out like 6 months ago. The recovery isn't bad at all. I'm sure you'll be up and about real soon.

Get well soon!

February 14th, 2008, 06:46 AM
thank you

I'm really down that I have to be in the hospital for valentineís day - but more so that I won't be able to exercise or take care of Caden for a while. I am really hoping that I'll get to go home tonight - we'll see!

I didn't sleep well at all last night so i hope i can sleep better tonight no matter where I am. My tummy hurts but it could be a lot worse. I'm still n a bit of shock all the happened so quickly.

DH just got here with flowers and balloons so i am going to visit with him

February 14th, 2008, 08:36 AM
mommylicious's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry to hear about that...I hope you have a fast recovery!

</div>
<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left"></MARQUEE>
February 14th, 2008, 09:37 AM
I feel like I'm in more pain now than before but I've been getting through it - I got flowers and balloons and those always help, hehe.

Great news - I get to go home today!!! I am so happy and have been working so hard to take myself to the potty and such. This is a cakewalk compared to the c-section lol I should get to go home around 3pm. I'm so happy! I have to stay in bed for a while and get help with caden for a few weeks but i just want to go home.

February 14th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom2Nat&Ry
Yay! Glad you get to come home. How sweet of your DH to bring you flowers and balloons.

February 14th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Nicole_M's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, my! That could have been really serious. Thankfully, you saw someone about it!

Glad you get to go home already. Take it easy!!
February 14th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Dan's wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you get to go home! I hope you have a fast and easy recovery!

February 14th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Army_Wife's Avatar Blessed times 3!
Well, you should be going home about right now. I hope your recovery goes smoothly! I'm glad you went to the doctor. Try to get some rest!! KUP about how you're doing!

February 14th, 2008, 02:54 PM
I'm still in the hospital - I'm not sure when I'm going home.

February 14th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Quote:
I'm still in the hospital - I'm not sure when I'm going home. [/b]
Awww big so sorry hun!! If you haven't gone home tonight I hope you get to go tomorrow!!

Make sure you rest up and don't try to do too much at once. I bet you miss Caden!!

February 14th, 2008, 07:12 PM
I miss him so very much. My MIL brought him here to visit with me for about an hour and it was so nice. I am not allowed to pick him up for anything - including taking him in and out of his crib and highchair for a min of 4 weeks but more like 6.

There is so much i want to say but I am super drugged so it can wait lol.
At one point today i was almost overdosed... thats was interesting lol.
It is a task to keep my eyes in focus right now so sorry for typos.

Off topic...
The college DH and I went to and met at was shot up today (NIU), so sad. We've been watching all the coverage.

February 15th, 2008, 12:53 AM
Lady Moonlight's Avatar Freddy and Sammy's Mommy
Oh I saw a blip on that too. I wanted to watch more, but DH claimed the TV for his own purposes. How terrible.

Hope your drugged up self recovers from the OD! Did you ever make it home?

February 15th, 2008, 05:49 AM
Army_Wife's Avatar Blessed times 3!
I hope you get to come home today!

I know how difficult it must be to be away from Caden. When Wyatt was 3 months old, I ended up in the hosptial to get my gallbladder taken out, and I had to stay a whole week b/c I got pancreatitis.

I also saw a blip on the news about the shootings. What is wrong with this crazy world? Seven people are dead, and it's just so sad and wrong.

February 15th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What's the lastest, Carrie? They springing you from the hospital yet? I hope you have a quick recovery!!!
February 15th, 2008, 11:36 AM
*~*Lindsey*~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *~*Lindsey*~* Send a message via Yahoo to *~*Lindsey*~*
OH no! Sorry I have gotten to this so late, I have been MIA-ish myself! I just wanted to say you are in my thoughts and prayers! I am glad that you got it taken care of though. I am praying for a speedy recovery for you! KUP on things! I hope you are home now!
February 15th, 2008, 03:39 PM
I hope you are busted out by now!! Feel better soon

February 15th, 2008, 04:41 PM
I'm finally home - I just took my pain meds and they have me feeling like crap. I'm in pain but with the meds its better, I just feel like I am going to vomit.

Poor Caden is having such a hard time with Mommy not being able to hold him. I haven't really even seen him since I left Wednesday morning for the CT - everyone thought I would be coming right home. My neighbor brought him to me after surgery but I was pretty out of it and he kept pulling at my little oxygen nose thing lol. So he was only there for 30min or so. MIL brought him to see me last night, too. But other than that this is the first time I've really been with him and I know he is having a hard time.

The big problem is I can't take care of him at all I can't put him to bed, get him out of his crib, put him on his changing table, put him in his highchair - I can't do anything so we have to arrange temp care for him. My mom watches my nephew a few days a week so right now its looking like my older brother will pick Caden up at 7am, take him to my moms, then bring him home in the evening when Steve will be home from work.

I can't even drive for at least 2 weeks I hate that I wonít be able to take care of my little man, but I know if I try to push myself too hard it will make it only worse.

Then I was in a GREAT exercise pattern Ė I loved working out and had lost 12lbs. Now its going to be 6 weeks before Iím cleared to exercise again. I need to send Steve grocery shopping and need a list. But I canít cook yet so I donít know what weíre going to do.

But - Iím just so grateful and so blessed to have so many awesome friends and family to help us out. My dad came on Wednesday so Steve could take me to the CT scan. My little brother stayed with Caden Wednesday night so Steve could stay at the hospital during my surgery, my neighbor brought Caden to see me once the surgery was over. My younger brother spent all day here on Thursday with Caden so Steve could stay with me (We thought we would be released by 3pm yesterday so we didnít see the point in bringing Caden to a germ filled hospital). MIL drove the hour out here last night to watch Caden and bring him to see me when I wasnít released. My cousin picked Caden up at 8am today and kept him all day since Steve (dh) and I didnít know when Iíd come home. My mom has been nasty sick so she couldnít help but we have so many people who did. Then we have all these people here to help us during my recovery. I just hope it all works out.

Anyway - thank you for all the warm wishes! They mean a lot

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search