Schoooooool!!! grr

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To AIP Venting Place LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 12th, 2010, 09:12 AM
SuperMartianRobotMom6's Avatar Proud Mama & Happy Wife
So I have to pass this HUUUUUUUGE test to get into nursing school...

Im studying like crazzzzy!

I passed the first test, the woman tells me "Congrats youll make it through the course for sure."

I ask her "How does she know."

She says the stuff in the program doesnt have alot to do with english or math.......
Its just basic reading comprehension and memorization...

Thats good in the future...

What why am I PUTTING ALL THIS EFFORT IN TO A TEST THAT MEANS LITERALLY NOTHING!!!!!!

ERERMMMM, I hate this.

I cant wait for it just to be over with!

May 12th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Jacobbbsmommy's Avatar Happy but Lost
i hate tests for no reason. if it was so easy why would they make it so important?! I guess it wont matter anymore once you are in the program but I feel for you steph. btw: i really like the name zachery jacob!
May 12th, 2010, 11:09 AM
CrystalAnne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been through nursing school (graduated '08) and I very clearly remember the ridiculous entrance requirements! Honestly though, the program was fairly stressful and I was happy to have been over prepared by the qualfication process Good luck on your test!!!!
May 12th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsmommy07 View Post
i hate tests for no reason. if it was so easy why would they make it so important?! I guess it wont matter anymore once you are in the program but I feel for you steph. btw: i really like the name zachery jacob!
Apparently your not the only one

May 12th, 2010, 02:40 PM
ldhopkins's Avatar Veteran
Sorry that you have to deal with those tests, I'm doing the same thing. I'm going for either respiratory therapy or nursing (on the waiting list at my college, whichever I get in first is what I'll do, at least first lol) and I have to take so many classes that have, at least in my opinion, NOTHING to do with what I'm going for. So frustrating. Good luck on your next test

Lisa (27), wife to Jason (30), TTC #1

I am predicted March and GIRL

August 2010
December 2010
February 2012

May 12th, 2010, 04:42 PM
LadyRogue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel you, Steph. Last month, I had to take tests to teach in the state of Ohio, even though I'm a veteran teacher with a degree in English and Spanish and was certified to teach both subjects in Alaska. Plus, I'm federally highly qualified! But, guess 6 years experience and those degrees aren't good enough for the state of Ohio. So I just finished up taking 3 major tests. 2 of them, I passed no problem. The 3rd was for Spanish and I doubt I passed it because it is completely UNFAIR! I mean for crying out loud, I'm teaching Spanish I to freshmen in high school, yet to pass this Spanish test to teach in Ohio, you have to have been a spanish major PLUS have lived in a spanish speaking country for a few years and even then, half of the people who take it do not pass. I mean, WTH is that?! To add insult to injury, the test didn't even cover how to TEACH spanish! Talk about a test that doesn't truly test you for what you are doing.

So I completely feel for you Steph and understand testing and the meaninglessness of it. Sorry, guess I snaked your vent. LOL!
May 27th, 2010, 10:53 AM
PreciousBunz's Avatar Super Mommy
Good thing you've got a great education behind you. <Snort>
June 6th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Super Mommy
Yea i am wanting to go to nursing (specifically for L&D) but i doubt ill go for it. My grades werent the best at all in school (mainly because i missed so much in school because of my health problems) I dont think i would be able to pass it. Especially since hubbys will deploying here in a few months and will be gone for 12-18mo and yea that wont happen with 2 lil ones at home and be being pregnant and due Jan 1st.

Anyways good luck i think you will do fine and pass!

Thank you Claire1979 for my AWSOME siggy!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 10th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Good News; I passed all my tests!!

June 16th, 2010, 09:56 PM
toosweet's Avatar Veteran
GL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search