I need some help!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To AIP Venting Place LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2010, 08:05 PM
elizao's Avatar Member
Send a message via AIM to elizao
I'm new here, but I really need some help.

I'm Liz, I'm 21, and I'm not ttc.
My boyfriend is freaking out thinking I'm pregnant, and I'm trying to tell him I'm not, but now I'm not so sure myself. But its just way too early for symptoms, right?
So here's what's going on...
"The sex" was June 11th about 5 or 6 days after the last day of my period. The first day of my period was either the 1st or 2nd, I can't remember [of course when it counts!]

I have had a chemical pregnancy before last May. I've also had abdominal adhesions, and laprascopic surgery to remove them.

The past few days I've experienced..[and sorry for TMI but I'm sure you're all used to it lol]
-A lotion-y discharge, enough that I had to put something in my underwear because it was soaking through to my pants. it only lasted 2 or 3 days. But this was about 4 days after the sex.

-HUNGER! I cannot get enough food. This is not normal for me. I eat like a bird. And the past 4 days its been non stop. Once I eat like a full meal, I'm hungry again within an hour. Like STARVING. Also having cravings, but I chalk it up to stuff just sounds good!

-The past two days my boobs have hurt pretty bad. Today, they're huge. They don't even fit into a bra that is normally bigger on me.

-I'm getting flesh colored almost kind of white bumps on my areolas, and although I know of the one large vein I can always see, there are also other smaller ones showing up in the areola area.

-Sharp pains in my pelvic area. Its kind of like near the hip bone area. It goes between light cramping and sharp pains.

-I've had a temp of 99 the past three days, and im normally 97.8

-Neausea. Really bad. It comes and goes. Its fine while I'm eating, but before and after it can be bad. or go away when i eat, or any combination. Like I said, its on and off.

-Exhausted! No matter how much I sleep, I could go right back to bed. I just cannot wake up.

-Lower back pain that is on and off. mostly on.

So, the boy is convinced I'm pregnant, and is FREAKING OUT. I told him its way too early to get any symptoms, especially these! At least that's what I've always been told.
I wouldnt be able to have a good test until about the 28th I'm guessing. I did test two days ago and got a negative. Today, I got a sort of half faint positive? Its a plus sign test, but I only got a faint top line. But its blue dye, so its an evap, I'm sure.

Tell me how to convince him I'm not with all this "evidence" that I am.
and if I am, I'll be back, you can bet that, because I have another issue on hand as well :/

Last edited by elizao; June 22nd, 2010 at 08:10 PM.
June 23rd, 2010, 03:10 AM
SuperMartianRobotMom6's Avatar Proud Mama & Happy Wife
How long is your period normally?
Because sperm can live in your vagina for up to five days. So if you had unprotected sex five days or less before you ouvlate you do have a chance of being pregnant.

The symptoms, could be real or they could be your body manifesting the symptoms because your worried or scared of being pregnant.

The best way to know is to wait till the 28th and test or get a First Response Early Reader. Which you can test 6 days prior to missing AF. (But its better to wait.)

June 23rd, 2010, 05:19 AM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sperm rarely live 5 days, it's more around 3 and only if your body is gearing up to be fertile because the environment will be more 'friendly'...

All the same, it could be possible for you to DTD on CD11 and ovulate soon after that... If your cycle is pretty typical then there is a fairly good chance that you ovulated around then, or soon after, then taking into account like Steph says, lifespan of a spermy waiting in the fallopian tube.

It could also be that now that he has put it in your head, you are noticing things more that are normal for you. It happens very commonly to women who are TTC or think they could be.

Maybe your signs are actually ovulation signs?
June 23rd, 2010, 04:53 PM
elizao's Avatar Member
Send a message via AIM to elizao
Idk I've noticed a lot of this before he brought it up. I figured I had a stomach bug, am pmsing and am just stressed. But who knows. I got a faint positive this am so well see what happens

Tags
symptoms

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search