need some reassurance and common sense, PLEASE

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To AIP Venting Place LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2010, 06:55 AM
I need a little bit of common sense. It would be wonderful. I understand some may see this and think, WHAT, how could you think that?? But, I need some reassurance, encouragement, AND common sense.

Ever since my wedding, my period has been acting really funny.I got married in March as a virgin. Ever since August09(my parents came back from being in Ohio for 6 months)my and my mom's cycle became the same again-36-38 days &cramping about a week in advance.

We use condoms&spermicide.I'm learning nfp.I ovulate around day 22. Since I've been married,my period has always come the day after I expect it to,& then on the day it comes,only a little spotting.The day after spotting, its full fledged&normal,4-5 days. Only 1cycle since the wedding was only 29 days.

It feels like it takes forever for my period to come.Before marriage, I used to have light cramps the week before,then have really bad cramps, and THEN start. Since the wedding, its light cramps, spot, START FULLY, THEN bad cramps.

Every time it comes period time, I worry now that I'm pregnant.I wasn't worried at all this time, until fri. or sat..The past 2times my cycle has been 37 days(start on day 38)Today is day 39,I should be starting.I've had the usual week of cramping,lower back pain,tender breasts,breakouts, etc.I can't be pregnant,because 1. I had a UTI this month, didn't have sex for a week, still have UTI.2.Had a vaginal/vulvular allergic reaction to latex;reaction lasted a while, abstained from sex for over a week.This spanned over my fertile days/week. 3. couldn't find polyurethane condoms ANYWHERE IN OUR TOWN!! my husband hates lambskin. Abstained (internally) but still used condoms for other forms of sex; but I avoid sperm like the plague!! In condom or out! [we only had PIV 4-5 times this cycle because of all this..all with condoms and spermicide, and HE NEVER ejaculted at all inside of me, I always lasted longer than he did, I tighten up a LOT after O.] but whether PIV or manual, etc. I always steer clear of semen! I know this sounds like a totally illegitimate fear because of this fact, but.. I can't help that I'm still stressed.

Another thing: I started running faithfully every other day this month,which I know can have a huge effect on the menstrual cycle, especially going from once-a-week excercise to every other day.

Also, away from my mom, my cycle could be changing? Also, my cycle seemed to line up with 10 of my close knit friends.Before I was married I would spend 3-4 days a week with them. Now I only spend about 1 evening a week with them.Could this be changing it up a little too?

All of these things, I know, can have an effect on your period, so I am hoping this is all it is. Its the same as every cycle since the wedding.

Can intercourse effect your cycle?

Am I worried for nothing? A little insight and encouragement would be nice for those with more experience than me! Thank you for your patience in decoding all of these rants!!!
July 6th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Veteran
hormomes, stress, diet...any number of things can change your cycle.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search