So confused, new here, please help

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To AIP Venting Place LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Ok here is the story. The fiance and I are not trying to conceive but we aren't really using any form of birth control except for "pulling out" which we always practice, but we both know that's not really a great way to prevent pregnancy. Anyway, so now I am about ten days late. My last period began on Jan 29th. It lasted four days, all very normal stuff. Ovulation should have been roughly 24 days ago. I have been having light cramps for over two weeks now. at first I thought it was my period coming but when it never showed I was surprised. I waited till I was 4 days late and took a test, it was negative, I took another test at 8 days late, and another this morning at 10 days late. All negative. My cramps began as right in the usual uterus area, and remained there for most of the time. Last night I noticed they were extremely low, sharp and sudden, they did not feel like they were in the uterus region they felt, honestly like someone was shoving knives in my vagina. It was very sudden sharp pains, they took my breath a few times and left me bent over. Now today they are back in my uterus area, but are much stronger, like my period has already begun and also pains in my vagina remain, but still no period.

I also felt uncontrollably emotional from about sunday feb 27th until this tuesday march 5th. For that week, I cried at the slightest thing anything and everything sparked water works, and if I wasn't crying I was seeing red, every little inconvenience had me so frustrated I wanted to scream. Not at all my normal attitude even before and during my period it is never that extreme. Then as abruptly as it all began, it all went away. I noticed on Tuesday the 5th that I was in an excellent mood! I felt happy and energetic for the first time in weeks. My fiance noticed it and commented on how great I seemed to feel before I even realized it. My excellent mood remains, as well as the cramps and negative tests, and confusion!

So I have been doing mass amounts of research on all of this pregnancy testing and implantation and such, and if I ovulated anywhere near when I normally do, then my chances of being pregnant aren't nill but the aren't great either, just based on when we had sex. From what I have read the egg only lives 2 days after ovulation, I generally ovulate two weeks after my period (I almost always have very distinct ovulation pains) To add to my confusion I distinctly noted not having any ovulation pains this cycle. Anyway everything I am reading leads me to believe if I was pregnant I should have had a positive test by now. But that doesn't really make me feel confident that I am not pregnant either. So I just would like to poll the "mommies"

what do you think? am i pregnant?
could i have lost a very early pregnancy (if so how long till i would begin to bleed?)
did i possibly skip ovulation all together this cycle? (has this ever happened to you?)

Last edited by alm1208; March 10th, 2011 at 03:50 PM.
March 13th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Hi! I am not a mommy but I just wanted to let you know I am almost in the same boat! BF and I use pullout religiously but a couple days after my last period ended he did not pull out(figured we were safe b/c it was so close after my period). I didn't feel ovulation pains or anything(some EWCM later than normal) and now I am waiting and waiting. Have had 2 negative tests and went through a period of intense fatigue, vivid dreams, and other random symptoms. I am about 4 days late, so not as late as you but still wondering what's up as this is not normal for me. Hope some ladies here can give you answers, good luck! I am hoping for AF as we aren't married and I am under alot of stress(also possibly why I'm late). Hope everything works out the way you want!
March 13th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would call your doctor. Maybe they can order a blood test for both of you. It would give you a definite answer as to whether you're pregnant. If you're not, they need to figure out what's causing you all the pain and why you're so late.

Thank you, Mrs.Black2006 for my beautiful siggie!

2/13/11 12/1/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search