BFN but still no period (15 days late!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To AIP Venting Place LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Hi all! I'm new here so here's a little intro: I am 25 and my dh is 28. We are currently in the "not trying, not preventing" category and have no pregnancy success yet.

My last period started on Feb 12 and was completely normal and on time. My suspected ovulation (using OPKs) was at some time between Feb 25-27. We did the deed before and after my ovulation window. My period is currently 15 days late.

I've taken 2 HPTs and both have been negative. I've been having pregnancy symptoms for the last week or so that include: sore breasts, bloated, exhausted, irrationally moody, nausea, and did I mention exhausted? I've also had a super nose for the last couple days. Why are the tests negative if I feel so pregnant?

I guess my questions are: Is this happening to anyone else? What did you do? What ended up happening? Am I going crazy?
March 27th, 2011, 06:20 PM
jesicaRN's Avatar Veteran
15 days late, I would def be contacting the physican and doing blood work...you never know How recent have you taken a HPT and what brand? Some people never have pos in HPT, or comething else might be causing your AF delay. Hope you get answers!
March 27th, 2011, 06:35 PM
I did a HPT this morning and it was a First Response brand test
March 29th, 2011, 05:49 AM
I'm almost in your shoes. I'm 6 days late, I'm getting BFN's and I'm having those same symptoms. I just wanna be pregnant

I hope you get your BFP from the doctor!!
April 2nd, 2011, 01:58 PM
I know just how you feel hun! My last af was Jan 30-Feb 3, and I've had two no-show AFs since (21 day cycle) - next AF would be due tomorrow, so when I saw the doc last week she said see what happens with this one.

I've had tons of BFNs (internet cheapies), but until now AF has never been even a day late, let alone 40...I'm also having loads of symptoms, including the ones you mentioned - I've even gone from a B/almost C cup to a D in bra sizes (but no weight gain, so not simply from over-eating)...plus slightly crampy for the last 4/5weeks which is no fun.

It's so frustrating, isn't it? Being stuck not knowing what's going on...I gotta see a different doc when I go next too (my gp surgery is useless for appointments!). Have you been to the docs yet?

Sarah x
April 18th, 2011, 06:29 PM
mommy2kenzie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It sounds like you need a blood test! My sister was pregnant and never had a positive HPT and eventually lost her baby at 5 months. So, HPTs don't always work. Even if there isn't a pregnancy, something seems out of wack if you're 15 days late. Good luck and I hope you get the result you want!!

siggy by Jaidynsmum

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search