a unique situation (advice for a newbie?)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To AIP Venting Place LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Hi I've been lurking around your wonderful forum looking for someone in the same situation as me, I've also searched the internet over and over again but no luck. I'm only 20 and very confused. I think I may be pregnant but the major sign everyone talks about doesn't apply to me (late AF). I have maybe 2-3 periods a year because of a genetic disorder that makes it dangerous for me to have one so I stay on bc but I missed a pill and I could see how the extended use of the pills can cause my body to build up a tolerance(I've talked to the doc I work for). I also have taken anti-biotic's in the last month and my thyroid meds sometimes make me have break through bleeding. SO all that explained for the past 10 days I have been nauseous, my back has hurt and I feel kind of "fuller" down there I also get those headaches that pinch right between the eyes and I couldn't eat my favorite dinner last night because it made me feel like I would puke. I've also started to get smelly armpits (even with deodorant) and when I'm at work(I work for a doctor) it doesn't matter how long a patient is in a room as soon as I walk in I smell them and its like super overwhelming. I'm sucking on ginger candy to help the nausea but so far its only working a little (haven't puked yet) also my mouth is like always gummy, like I'm not drinking enough. I pee a lot but I also have ureter reflux so I'm used to peeing a lot but this is like my bladder is filling up faster. I took a test this morning and it was negative but I've seen some tests on here that don't show up till day 13. Is there anything else I should look for? could this be anything else? I have no family to talk to so if theres a kind soul on here that could talk to me it would be greatly appreciated.

*update* Now I have a weird crampy pain on the left side of my uterus (not like period like charlie horse)

Last edited by cutecake; April 11th, 2011 at 02:36 PM. Reason: update
April 10th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Mis-Bis
I have heard that some antibiotics do cancel out BC and some women have gotten pregnant that way. You can keep testing until you get a BFP or just go to the doctor and get a blood test. With your situation I would just get the blood test. Good luck.
April 10th, 2011, 09:21 PM
currently I don't have insurance so I don't know about the blood test. After what amount of time is a false negative not possible? Should I risk trying to have a period?
April 11th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Mis-Bis
When is your period due to show?
April 11th, 2011, 02:33 PM
I don't know I don't have a set cycle. I have one when I know I have down time or else I can bleed internally.
April 11th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Mis-Bis
You said you're on BC to control it so do you skip pills so as not to bleed? If that's the case then the only thing you can do is take tests until you either get a BFP or feel safe enough that it's an accurate BFN. I highly suggest going to the doctor and getting a blood test insurance or no.
April 11th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Thank you. I will keep you guys updated
April 14th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Mis-Bis
How's it going?
April 14th, 2011, 05:01 PM
I'm guessing im not pg (bfn this morning) but now im worried something else is wrong...I've kinda drawn the short straw in genetics
April 14th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Mis-Bis
It could just be you were symptom spotting so hard that you noticed every little thing. Trust me, you're not the first. Are you TTC?
April 14th, 2011, 08:41 PM
I really hope you're ok, Can you talk to the doctor you work for? Maybe he or she can check you out and not charge you for it.
April 15th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by docsmama View Post
It could just be you were symptom spotting so hard that you noticed every little thing. Trust me, you're not the first. Are you TTC?
I'm not TTC at all and until i started getting comments by the nurse at my work about my nausea and maybe being pg and then my bf commented on my mood swings the past week i didn't even think of it.
May 8th, 2011, 08:18 PM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
Honey go to a womens clinic. Im not sure where exactly you are from. In cali we have places called Planned Parenthood and other womens clinics that are put in place specifically for women like us who do not have medical insurance. They will take care of you and hopefully be able to help you understand what may be going on. Good Luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search