weird test results.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To AIP Venting Place LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2011, 08:47 PM
LookingGlassAlice's Avatar Pagan FTM
Don't know what to think here, help me out?

Monday- Two At Home Tests showed I was pregnant, and one at the doctors office. Blood test showed hCG at 104.

Tuesday- Had ultrasound to determine age of fetus. This showed nothing. No sac, just nothing. Did note that I have a 4cm cyst on right ovary.

Wednesday- Severe nausea, Abdominal pain, bloating. Made appointment for follow up. At home test still showing pregnant.

Thursday- Followup appointment, during which had follow up ultrasound to check cyst for ruptures and to check for ectopic implantation. Both were fine, but still no evidence of implantation within the uterus. In office test still showing pregnant. Waiting results of second hCG blood test and a blood panel to check for infections. Pelvic exam was fine. tested for UTI negative.

Having sharp pain in left lower abdominal area.

This happen to anyone else before? I was heartbroken tuesday when they suggested I miscarried, but now IDK what the heck is going on. Help?
April 22nd, 2011, 05:18 AM
With your hcg being that low still, I'm not surprised you couldn't see anything. Usually, not much is visible on ultrasound until your levels are at least 1000 or so. It sounds like you're just very early. I would just hold off and recheck by ultrasound in a couple weeks. I think it's way too early to call this a miscarriage, as long as your levels are rising properly.
April 22nd, 2011, 02:21 PM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
It really surprises me when Drs think they need to rush in to an ultrasound so early and all it does is stress out the mom. They cant see anything in the ultrasound until the hcg reaches a certain level, usually around 2000. Even when it gets to that point they wont see much, thats why most Drs do hcg to gage when they can do a ultrasound. Honestly I would find a new dr if I was you, not knowing that they cant see something in an ultrasound with hcg level at 100 is not a good sign for that dr. And then telling you that you miscarried? They cant confirm that with one blood test and a pointless ultrasound. Get your next hcg results and hopefully they doubled, and then get a new dr. Till then try not to let them worry you.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
April 22nd, 2011, 08:13 PM
they are now saying Im very early and they took another ultrasound (im considered very high risk due to a back imjury and lupus) and they said they saw a sac. Second hCG was 590
April 22nd, 2011, 09:28 PM
Yes you are very early, they should have figured that out with the first hcg...they are doctors after all. But I hope you are feeling better seeing the numbers went up, they look great. Congrats on the pg, but really I would still be shopping for a new Dr, they shouldnt make you worry, and I wish you a happy healthy 9 months!!!

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
April 23rd, 2011, 07:57 AM
They sent me to a OBGYN yesterday who said he saw a sac, but they are still having me come in for a another ultrasound next week to check again for ectopic implantation. I just wonder if it is normal to have cramping during the first trimester. I don't know much about babies, I kinda didn't pay attention at all during my OB rounds because I work hospice, so it was never something I needed to know much about. Are they unduely scaring the crap out of me with all this testing?
April 23rd, 2011, 09:46 AM
The hcg testing is fine, its a way to make sure they are doubling and it gives them an idea on how the pregnancy is progressing. The early ultrasounds can be stressful as they may not see much if anything. But cramps can be very normal, as long as they are not making you double over in pain, having red bleeding with them and so on. I had really bad cramps with my third baby, and then again with this one.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
April 28th, 2011, 03:57 AM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
I agree that your numbers need to be higher,around 1500-2000 to see a fetal pole.I had a lot of cramping in one side with my pregnancies and worried about ectopic but never had one.I would drink plenty of water and try to relax.Good luck to you!!!

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search