un-nerving situation, advice needed...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To AIP Venting Place LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2011, 08:33 PM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
I am 24, live in Cali, and have been with my boyfriend a little over a year. On March 13th, exactly on our one year anniversary I took an at home pregnancy test and found out I was pregnant. I started spotting the next day, went to the hospital, they said it was a threatened miscarriage. I also found out at the hospital because of my blood being O- my blood builds anti-bodies against my babies blood and attacks it much like it would a cold virus. I was given Rhogam to reverse the attacks on the babies blood but was told it might have been too late. I went home and was put on bed rest, and did nothing! Then 4 days after the hospital I miscarried. I called the Doctor they said I can let it happen naturally and wait till 2 weeks after the bleeding stops to have sex. We waited, till the day exactly and went back to our normal no protection, not trying but not preventing method.
During the time after the miscarriage, Id say like for two weeks after, I took two other pregnancy tests, because I guess I still had a little ounce of hope that I didn’t pass the baby that it was just bleeding. Both tests came out negative and they were taken at least a week apart from eachother.
I still have not had a period and two weeks ago I took another home pregnancy test, being paranoid, and it came up positive. So I took another, positive again…I called the doctor made and appointment and was seen the next day. I told them everything above, and they told me this could be a new pregnancy, or it could be because I didn’t pass everything from the miscarriage. They took blood and tested my levels and said they were low and couldn’t determine if it was new or from the miscarriage. I waited two weeks and they took blood again to see if the levels have gone up from last time… I’m waiting to get the results and I was just wondering if any of you ladies have gone through anything like this or could just give me any advice.
May 9th, 2011, 01:32 PM
butterfly68's Avatar Super Mommy
sounds like a new pregnancy to me. you probably just o'd late after the m/c and its early thats why the levels were low.

I miscarried at 5w4d and then used OPKs and charted and normally O'd on CD12 but after the miscarriage I didn't O until about CD36 and I did get pg that cycle as well.

Good luck!!!!

*Thankyou Kiliki for my wonderful siggy*

Nearly 7 months since I quit smoking!!
May 9th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Thank You! Doc called me today, she didnt say much other than Im scheduled for an ultrasound tomorrow so Ive got my fingers crossed. Good luck to you as well =)
May 9th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
FYI the rhogam shot wasn't given to you to save THIS pregnancy and it couldn't have saved it.. it's to prevent problems with future pregnancies.

Baby girl born Feb 2013

May 10th, 2011, 01:46 PM
butterfly68's Avatar Super Mommy
update?

*Thankyou Kiliki for my wonderful siggy*

Nearly 7 months since I quit smoking!!
May 11th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Im PREGNANT!!! 7 weeks!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search