Looking for some opinions please!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To AIP Venting Place LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2011, 05:17 AM
Hi All,

Just looking for everyone's opinion on my symptoms as I know the first few weeks of "could I be pregnant" is such a vast array of possibilities on what could be happening. I will list my info and would very much appreciate your opinions... ..I apologize in advance if this is too lengthy...

Ok...I'm on bc, however I did miss a couple pills (2 seperate occasions) this month and then took 2 the following day... About a week or so ago I noticed that I was having to urinate quite frequently and on top of that I was having issues holding it in long enough to make it to the restroom. No painful urination, and there was no issues with urgency but nothing coming out. It was just urinating frequently and when I had to go...I had to go! lol I am overweight so I wondered if maybe I was having issues due to that and since I have given birth 2 times..I know that can weaken things..but the point is my only symptoms were the urinating frequently and occasionally leaking a little. Sunday, I started feeling very nauseous. EXACTLY the way I have felt with both of my children when experiencing morning sickness. I waited a couple days and then after it did not go away (was sick the second I woke up...then after eating could get it to taper off for a while...then feel it on and off all day...but worse in the morning and at night...) I thought, well, maybe I should go to the dr. So I did. Dr took a urine sample because she thought maybe the frequent urinating was due to UTI. She said there was a slight hint of blood in my urine so gave me antibiotics and sent me on my way. That was Wednesday.

Fast forward to Friday....2 days on antibiotics...no change. I called dr office up...told them I am still having the frequent urination and that I feel queasy off and on all day, just like I felt with my two kids when I had morning sickness...they said they wanted to test my urine again. It came up completely clear...she did a pregnancy test as well and that came up negative (I'm not even supposed to start my period until tomorrow). I asked her if it was too early to test my urine for pregnancy and she said "probably not". Dr said with the negative pregnancy results that I should not be concerned about pregnancy and it was ok to keep taking my antibiotics

Here's where the opinions chiming in would be great. If my urine looks fine now, yet I'm having what feels EXACTLY like morning sickness...(seriously this is a very familliar feeling to a mother of 2) why would they tell me before I even missed my period that I should not be concerned at all about being pregnant? I am on 3 different medications right now that you should not take if pregnant. I have taken home pregnancy tests as well that have came up negative...but again, I am not supposed to start my period until tomorrow...
I plan to ride out the all day morning sickness feeling until later in the week and test again if I haven't starte. My body just feels like it always has when I was pregnant, but since I am on bc (even though I did miss a couple days) and since the dr office is telling me not to be concerned that I'm not pregnant...I'm going to finish out my antibiotics.

Can anyone tell me then their opinion on why the heck do I feel like I am having morning sickness?!?! Other symptoms are headaches, the frequent urinating of course, occasional lower backache(mild) and very occasional...and the craving for mac n cheese. (yes, i have even made a special trip to the grocery store for mac n cheese lol)

Thanks for taking the time to read and I would appreciate honest opinions!
June 18th, 2011, 10:31 AM
It seems like it's something the doctor has encountered a lot before. Think of how many women come in insisting they're pregnant ! (definitely not saying you're insisting, but that they must get women who refuse to even take a thing). Plus they found blood in your urine, which is almost always a sign of a UTI. So that explains the peeing. The morning sickness I'm not sure about. It could be what you say it is, only you know your history, or maybe it's a symptom of the UTI. At this point, it's a question of do you want to risk hurting the embryo you may have in there right now, or do you want to risk getting a worse infection from the UTI you may have right now?

Of course, all you can do is wait for your period. GL!!!
June 20th, 2011, 12:04 PM
rageybug's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you don't agree with your Dr's diagnosis I would suggest getting a second opinion. Perhaps the MS feeling could be a result of the UTI or a bit of a bug you picked up somewhere?
June 22nd, 2011, 06:58 PM
I've been having similar symptoms: frequent nausea (though only vomited a couple times) during the afternoon, frequent need to pee, etc. I'm also still taking the pill and other medications I normally take but worried if I'm actually pregnant it could be harmful. Took a urine test at the doc's and it was also negative but I too FEEL pregnant. Doc said wait until I have a missed period, go figure So sorry I can't offer much advice though I wanted to let you know you're not alone in how you're feeling. I'm personally kinda sure I could be pregnant even though it would be my first time. So I would trust your gut and maybe get a blood test done if you miss your next period. But I wouldn't worry too much about the antibiotics and such if the doc says it's ok to continue. You want to make sure you get rid of a UTI if you had one.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search