New college student.. and I think I'm pregnant.. HELP

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To AIP Venting Place LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2011, 04:40 PM
I have so so so many pregnancy symptoms and I CANNOT have a baby right now. I'm only 18 and I'm in my first week of college. I am way too scared to take a test. Am I pregnant or am I just sick?
July 31, I was brought to the hospital early in the morning due to extreme abdominal pain. I had my period and I had just vaginally passed a small tissue mass. I brought it with me to the hospital and it was sent to pathology, but I never received the results even though I called the hospital many many times. The doctor said it was either a miscarriage (somewhat likely), a portion of the uterine lining (somewhat likely), or a retained tampon (very unlikely- I don't use tampons). My pregnancy test at the hospital was negative, but it still could have been a miscarriage because the pregnancy hormone would have disappeared right away when the baby died.

Anyway.. I was expecting my period again towards the end of August and it never came. I passed it off as hormone confusion because I had to stop taking my birth control for a little while after I got out of the hospital. However, now I'm really worried. These are my symptoms:

-missed period
-exhaustion
-dizziness/lightheadedness
-EXTREMELY frequent urination
-excessive thirst
-headaches
-lower back pain
-nausea
-some facial swelling
-bloating

I just have that feeling... I'm sure you all know it. I just can't stress myself out by taking a test. I can't find out I'm pregnant my first week of college. Help me please.
September 9th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I truly and honestly know how you feel because I had a major pregnancy scare when I was in college, and I was so afraid of all the ways it would impact my future.

The only way you're going to be able to alleviate your stress and move on with the next step/decision is to take the test. I know you're scared to take one, but the stress of not knowing will be way worse. I recommend you buy and take a test and/or go to your student health center for a test and consultation. If you aren't pregnant, you will be relieved. If you are, the medical professionals will be able to advise you of your options (keeping the pregnancy, adoption, abortion).

If you need to talk in more detail, please feel free to PM me.

September 9th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Super Mommy
I'm sorry that you've found yourself in this situation. You sound extremely stressed out and it's understandable. However, sweetie, no one will be able to tell you whether you're pregnant or not without a test. Unless you want to wait a few months and see if your abdomen starts to swell...? I'm concerned about your symptoms. If you are not pregnant it sounds like you might need to see a doctor anyway.

Mary Elizabeth stillborn at 26 weeks
September 9th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyRVT View Post
I'm sorry that you've found yourself in this situation. You sound extremely stressed out and it's understandable. However, sweetie, no one will be able to tell you whether you're pregnant or not without a test. Unless you want to wait a few months and see if your abdomen starts to swell...? I'm concerned about your symptoms. If you are not pregnant it sounds like you might need to see a doctor anyway.
I definitely ditto Christy. Even if your symptoms are not pregnancy-related, you might have another problem. So your best option really is to seek medical advice.

Tags
miscarriage , missed period , pregnant , symptoms , young

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search