Help! Need Advice!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To AIP Venting Place LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 21st, 2011, 08:26 PM
so i've been taking Loestrin 24 for over a year and have been doing fine on it, last month i was kinda lazy about it and would take it some nights at 9 or 11 and other nights at 2 or 3 or sometimes 5, i'm in college which is why i stay up late sometimes...ne ways, im two weeks into my new pack and two days ago i had some brown discharge, it wasn't much, it looked like what i get before i start my period, but it didnt happen again after that, and ever since then ive been constantly hungry, i'm worried this might have been implantation bleeding, does ne think not taking the pill every night could have caused me to be able to conceive? just for information, my bf and i have sex on a regular basis and just use the pill as protection, any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated!
November 21st, 2011, 08:38 PM
Mom to Madeline
It could be. When are you supposed to start your period? When taking bcps, it's important to take them at the same time of day (morning is best). You can take a pregnancy test 3-5 days after the bleeding and can get a positive. If you get a negative, this doesn't mean you're not pregnant. Test again if your period is late. Good luck!
November 21st, 2011, 09:06 PM
im supposed to start in two weeks
November 27th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Yep. I'm in the same boat. This is when my cycle should start over but so far all I've had is very light, dark brown nasty stuff. And thats wierd for me because I usually get it bad the first three days. Also had a few other symptoms...

So I'm going to take a preg test tomorrow morning, and if it's neg and my period doesn't strighten itself out before New Year's, I'll go to the doc. Might have a reason to quit smoking this year instead of a resolution.
November 28th, 2011, 05:56 AM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
With most birth control pills you are still protected if you don't take the pills at the same time. Most packet inserts actually mention a period of 12 hours to take them in. The only pills that NEED to be taken at the same time are the MiniPills/Progestrogen only. Most women though are not on these pills, as they are used for women with issues relating to the combined pills(has two hormones instead of 1) or for breastfeeding mothers.

Conception is always a risk when the parts are still there. No method is 100% foolproof.

If you have been on the pill for years and used to taking it at a certain time, you may be experiencing breakthrough bleeding, which is just bleeding anytime not your period.

Your best bet is to wait til your period should come, and either test then or see if your period arrives.
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013
Elizabeth Flora Ruth: March 6th, 2015

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search