OMG!! I concieved while I was "ON"!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BabySmiles5

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To AIP Venting Place LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2012, 08:54 AM
So my husband and I had unprotected sex on Feb 19. There was no pulling out or anything we pretty much went full on.
Here's a little back story about myself so this makes more sense:

-Since last year I've been having extremely long periods (like 3 weeks!!!) IKR!!
-When I would finally go off I would usually be about to come back on so I would have MAYBE a week between periods or times when I was bleeding

When we had sex I was still on. My flow was still heavy (regular for me) and there was no sign of it ending. We had sex in the shower for this reason. The next day my flow had gotten substantially lighter and by the 21st I had stopped bleeding altogether. As I mentioned before my periods have been really long since last year but the break between them usually isn't more than a week. Since I went off I haven't started again. Could I be pregnant?!! Usually by now I would have started bleeding again but nothing! Anyone ever had a similar experience??!! All input is welcome! Thank you in advance
March 10th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Veteran
Try taking a HPT(home pregnancy test) to know for sure or make a doctor's appointment and have a blood test done.

March 11th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Doralovinmomma's Avatar and hell is just a sauna
Send a message via AIM to Doralovinmomma Send a message via Yahoo to Doralovinmomma
i previously found having sex while on my period would actually completely alter my cycle. i also had heavy 2 week periods, but ive heard it is possible to get pregnant while on your period

Thank you Niamh for my awesome blinkies!! And Vicki... for my fantastic siggy

March 11th, 2012, 10:05 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
it's HIGHLY unlikely for you to get pregnant while on your period... when your having a menstrual.. your shedding the linning in your uterus ... to get pregnant, you NEED that linning to get pregnant.. having a period, your basically releasing the egg you had dropped along with the linning .. so for it to happen while a period.. from my understanding.. you'd have to ovulate during your period for you to catch the egg and for that to happen is pretty slim.. it's not impossible.. but it's slim.. there has been cases where a woman would ovulated days after her period.. and would get pregnant.. but if your bledding.. shedding the linning.. highly doubtful the swimmers made it through.. it would be like toddlers trying to swim up stream of a river lol..
March 12th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
well though it is not likely i did get pregnant with my daughter while i was on my period so it can happen...i would go to a dr or take a hpt just to be sure...
March 12th, 2012, 03:12 PM
alleusion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I conceived my oldest from intercourse that occurred the day my period ended. I was still spotting when we had sex. Women have been known to have piggy back ovulation and on very rare occasions can get pregnant right after their period ends. Also...sperm can live inside a woman for up to 7 days. In the case of my last pregnancy, I had sex, ovulated 8 days later and 9 months after that had a baby. Stranger things have happened.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for the gorgeous sig

March 15th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Hey, Is there an update? I would love to know. Im in the same boat
Nikki18TTC likes this.

Tags
am i pregnant , irregular period , pregnant , pregnant during period , unprotected sex

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search