Am I pregnant? Someone please help!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dustywillow

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To AIP Venting Place LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Ok so here's my story. I have been having pregnancy symptoms for about 3 weeks now. I have all of them, but worse than I had with my three children. Fatigue, nausea, frequent urination, strange cravings, feet and ankles swelling, breast tenderness, and changes in them (rounding out more, and dark and bigger nipples) increased hunger. You name it, I have it. I also have an enlarging abdomen. I have lost a lot of weight, and my belly was somewhat flat again, but now it is perfectly round, and I have been feeling movement. I have had three children, so I know the difference between gas, and a baby moving. The movements have actually gone from flutters to flips and bumps, or kicking as some people call it. But, I have taken 6 hpt's, 4 negative, and two positive with faint lines. I have been to have a blood test, it was negative, and I had that almost two weeks ago. I went to the clinic today, and they did a urine test, and it came out negative. I'm just confused and wondering if anyone else has had this same issue. I just know that I'm pregnant, but can't seem to get any prenatal care, because the tests at the doctors are coming out negativie. I stopped losing weight about 6 months ago after I got down to where I wanted to be, which was 125 pounds. I was on the pill, but when I had sex, I missed the pill two days after that. The last two months, I haven't really had a period. I just had spotting that lasted 4 days both times, and my periods are 6-7 days long and heavy until the last two days of them. I'm really starting to worry because I can't get to a doctor to be examined and to have prenatal care. I just need to know something. If anyone can help, please do! Thank you!
May 3rd, 2012, 09:08 PM
I just wander why I get so many views, but not responses. Anyway, I want to add that I have the linea niegra, and I am still having the symptoms. And my belly just continues to get bigger. I also feel movements more and more and they are getting stronger. I go to my regular doctor on Monday. I hope to find some answers as to what is going on. Please if someone has anything to add, please do. I am so confused.
May 7th, 2012, 10:03 PM
So my doctor thinks I am pregnant. She ordered a quantitative blood test, so I am just waiting on the rusults...
May 7th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Veteran
Wow! It sounds like to me you are definitely pregnant. I'm not sure why it wouldn't show up on a blood test. Maybe it was too early at that time. If you have gotten 2 positive HPT's then you are most likely pregnant. Hopefully you'll get your answers on the results of this blood test. GL and KUP!

Sorry no one has responded before me. I don't get very many responses on my posts either.
May 8th, 2012, 05:34 AM
Yeah, I know my body. I think this time might be one of those instances of not having enough hcg to show up. Idk. Don't be sorry. I just don't know why that happens. I noticed that happens to a lot of people on here.
May 8th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Possibly we're all as confused as you are! Or more so. I just posted my first post a bit ago. Please post an update, though! It may help someone out there. I don't know.

ETA: first post on this particular board.

Last edited by ZZ0607; May 9th, 2012 at 10:15 AM.
May 8th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Veteran
I would probably request an early ultrasound. If you've had no period and have had any positive urine tests, then I would think a doctor would oblige. In the mean time, I'd take some over the counter prenatals or even flintstone vitamins until you've figured out what is going on. Keep us posted.
Jaz28 likes this.
May 8th, 2012, 04:07 PM
I can't get a doctor to do an ultrasound without a positive test. I would be far enough along now to see a baby, though. I would be 14 weeks tomorrow if I am in fact pregnant. I will keep every one posted when I find something out, though. I read your post, mega super mommy. I don't know what to think of it. I wish I could help, but I just don't know. And I have been taking prenatals.
May 9th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh dear. Doctors have some strange rules sometimes. I hope something works out soon! And thanks for reading my post. I know it's bizarre and I think I'll just assume that Target brand is bunk. The odds of anything else are slim.
May 9th, 2012, 12:08 PM
So I got my results today, and they told me it was <2, which means not pregnant. I think it's wrong. My belly is getting bigger, I'm feeling movement, and wanting sex a lot, which is not like me at all. I haven't had a period since Feb. 1st, so I don't know. But I feel like I'm pregnant. This would be my 4th child, so I've been through it a few times. Time will tell, I guess.
May 9th, 2012, 01:31 PM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Did your doctor check for cysts? I only ask because cysts can mess with your cycle. A blood test is pretty accurate. But after ruling out pregnancy you should probably look into why you would have all these symptoms. Did you just start a new birth control? I know hormonal birth control can give you pregnancy symptoms and make you gain weight. Not ovulating will cause you not to have a period but if that were the case then I don't know about the spotting. In any case I would talk to your doctor about other possible reasons. Good luck.

May 9th, 2012, 05:39 PM
No she didn't. But I do have PCOS. I found out I had it about 10 years ago. I have never had problems getting my period with it, though, and it has never caused pregnancy syptoms either. No, I am not on birth control. I quit taking it soon after I started having the symptoms, and did the hpt's that were positive. I quit taking my bc in March. Also, my belly is perfectly round, and I have only gained 7 pounds. I look like I'm about 4 or 5 months pregnant. It got bigger before I gained any weight. Also, I would think that by now, I wouldn't have any hormonal changes from going off of bc. So Idk...
May 10th, 2012, 06:01 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Hmmm. Well, post this in the main forum and you'll probably get a lot more responses and advice. I'm stumped. Good luck.

Tags
late period , pregnancy , pregnancy symptoms

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search