Confused

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To AIP Venting Place LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2012, 07:48 AM
I had my last period on June 8 and had unprotected sex with an ex-boyfriend on June 17 at around 7pm. I took an emergency contraceptive on the same June 17 at around 9pm. I had no sex after that until June 21 when I had sex with my current boyfriend and I am pregnant but not sure who is responsible. Can anybody tell me who is the likely father? I am dying out of worry. My cycle is 28days.

Thanks,
AB
June 26th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
I would suspect based on the fact that your period isn't even due yet and you tested positive 9 days before you period is due that it is your ex boyfriend, since even if you happened to catch the egg on the 21st with your current boyfriend it would still take on average 6-8 days to implant and start making HCG so I suspect that you are much more pregnant than you think and since you took the morning after pill I would suggest you quickly get in to see your Dr. Just my 2 cents
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

Last edited by Rebelmommy; June 26th, 2012 at 11:00 AM.
June 26th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Thanks Rebelmommy. I guess my mind was moving faster than my hand because I dont wanna be pregnant and not be sure of the father. I am yet to test and worried that I may be pregnant. if I should test and its positive, who is likely to be the dad? Let me add that I had sex with my current boyfriend on 23rd as well. My fertile period according to most of these ovulation calenders was from 18-22 June.
June 26th, 2012, 08:49 AM
I think given the fact that you took the morning after pill on the 17th (and to my understanding the pill delays ovulation) that the chances are unlikely that you are pregnant but if you are I would guess (an this is just a guess) that it would be your current boyfriend, although you must remember that they odds of getting pregnant during any one cycle even if you are actively trying and monitoring your cycle is slim at best (only around 20%).

That being said, and I am NOT preaching here, if you are worried about being/getting pregnant I would suggest some form of birth control, especially since you seem to be in a new relationship. I would also suggest that you treat yourself as if you are pregnant, i.e refraining from drinking or smoking, until you can be sure either way.

I wish you the best of luck!
Talon

June 26th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Thank you. Advise well noted.
June 27th, 2012, 03:35 AM
I did a home preg. text yesternight and it read negative. Counting from the 17th to this time its about 2weeks, enough time for implantation and production of some hcg and therefore a positive result. Is this right?

If I am still reading negative, then I can safely assume that the emergency contraceptive worked well and so my ex didnt get me pregnant. Is this right?

I am still waiting to see my menses first week in July. If I miss it, then that means my current bf is responsible. Correct?

Thanks for all the feedback Rebelmommy.
June 27th, 2012, 08:22 AM
I am not a Dr. (nor do I play one on TV or the internet..LOL) I am not 100% sure how the emergency contraceptive works and there is always a chance that you may in fact have tested to early.

For sake of argument.. what if you had ovulated already earlier in the day on the 17th, then you had unprotected sex, fertilized the egg and it started its journey right as you took the emergency contraceptive? To the best of my knowledge these pills delay ovulation (which we are arguing you already had) so it would not have been effective in this case. Then on average it takes 6-8 days for the fertilized egg to implant, (we will say 8 days for this) so that puts us on 6/25 for implantation date. It generally takes 48-72 hours to get enough HCG in your system for a sensitive HPT to detect it (so that would put you at today or tomorrow for a sensitive test) and some women will tell you they will never get a positive result until their period is late. So you see it is hypothetically speaking still possible that your ex may have gotten you pregnant.

Unfortunately if you do find yourself pregnant there is nothing that can tell you 100% which man is the father besides a DNA test. Dr.s can tell you a good guess on when they think you may have conceived based on how the baby is growing but that is the best they could do, and with you having sex with the two men so close together I am not really sure if it would be an accurate guess

Once again I hope you get the answer you are looking for!
Talon

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search