10 years since last pregnancy and very confused, any advice/support welcomed.....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To AIP Venting Place LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 30th, 2012, 11:27 AM
One would believe after working for an OB/GYN for 2 1/2 years and in Labor/Delivery for almost 10 years that I wouldn't have such confusion but here I am typing to you wonderful women in hopes of advice.....

I have 3 beautiful sons (15 (in august) 12 (in october) and the baby just turned 9 two weeks ago). Their father and I divorced 4 years ago, and he committed suicide in January. We were still friends and it has put slight damper on what my boyfriend and I have been trying to do for the past 6 months (increase our family as he has no children of his own). Before the birth of my last son, I had 35 day cycles like clockwork for years (I know both my children were conceived on those cycles, and my oldest was conceived on the pill). After the birth of my youngest, nursing, and then knee surgery, I began to pack on significant weight (80 pounds) and my periods were irregular occuring 5-6 times a year. It didn't matter as my husband at the time had gotten a vasectomy when our youngest was 8 months old.

In August of 2009, I began to lose weight naturally (calories in/calories out) and was very conscience of what I ate, and by August 2011, I had lost 78 pounds! Since September 2009, my periods have been every 28 days, with the occasional 26 day surprise in there.

Well today, I am officially one week late for my period. I took a test one day late and another at two days late both BFN. I made an appointment with my OB/GYN for this past Thursday 6/28 and had blood work done and explained that the boyfriend and I have been TTC for 6 months with nothing (except a chemical pregnancy in April).

I am super frustrated, as I just want to know. Everytime I go to the bathroom, I am hoping for some sign that AF is on her way but with no such luck. I have NO signs of my wicked PMS that unfortunately rears her ugly head for 2-3 days pre-period. I am super tired and my boobs are full/heavy as opposed to being painful to the touch or removal of my bra when I am PMSing or menstruating. My sister moved in with us (my boyfriend, myself, and my sons when their dad died because it was such a shock to everyone and she wants to help raise her nephews), and she and I were on similar cycles with her starting 2 days after me. She has gotten her, me no such luck.

After the chemical pregnancy, I don't want to discuss any of this with my boyfriend because he was crushed when we found out we were not pregnant anymore, and I do not want to get his hopes up because this is something we really want.

My question is; I have to wait until Monday to get my test results from my blood work. Based on my LMP 5/26/12; my ovulation date on a 28CD cycle we had sex frequently and based on a 35CD cycle we again had sex frequently. Is it possible to be pregnant? Should I wait until my blood test comes back on Monday or break down and go buy a test now? I just want to have another child so bad, and it would be such a blessing to this family. (I know in my heart that my ex would be happy because he always knew I wanted more children.) I do apologize for the length of this post. I am just sick of waiting. Pregnant or not pregnant....I just want to know.....
July 1st, 2012, 10:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've got no answers for you as I'm in a similar boat, though, my bf and I had terminated our relationship. I, too, had a regular 28-day cycle since I was 12 until I got w/ my bf last year. Then I switched to a 27-day cycle with the occasional 24/25/26 AF rearing its head. I'm now on cycle day 29 and there's been no sign of AF. I, too, have not had a single pms symptom: achy bbs, bloating, cravings, certain types of bathroom usage, irritability, mood swings, high libido. I've had none of it. But, also unusual, I've felt like AF was coming all week b/c of wetness/heaviness down below but, no; it was just an increase in cervical mucous (also unusual). Now, between last night and today, I've experienced waves of nauseous, dizziness, and a change in the taste in my mouth. Like you, I'm just ready to know. Is AF coming or not? My LMP was June 3rd. I'm going to give her until Wednesday (32 days is the longest cycle I've had in the last 17 cycles) to show before I break down and test.

I guess you'll know by tomorrow. Please update; I'm interested in seeing how the no AF-symptoms worked for you.

Tags
1 week officially late , 2 bfn , possible late ovulation

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search