Confused and Ill

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To AIP Venting Place LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2012, 11:19 PM
March of this year I had gone to the doctor because after years of vomiting and agonizing pain during my period, it became intolerable. My general physician had been prescribing me medications tto treat the symptoms of this nightmare. He recommended this obgyn. I had never been to one and they began searching for an answer right away. After several blood tests and an ultrasound they discovered clusters of large cysts coating my ovaries. This was very scary considering I was only 17. They put me on loestren hoping to dissolve these cysts as well as a blood filled cyst they discovered. It worked to an extent but I had to swtch from loestrin to briellyn because loestrin gave me hprrible mempry loss as well as heightened irritability. I've been on briellyn going on 4 months now. My boyfriend and I have been not necessarily very smart, and using the birth control with no other back up contraceptive. For the past 2 weeks I've been feeling symptoms that may be linked to pregnancy but I'm concerned could be symptoms of my cysts coming back with full force. I've been having chest pains, trouble breathing, breast tenderness (which could simplt be linked to my birth contol), extreme nausea, queasiness, anxiety, cramps, stabbing pain in abdomen, mood swings, and heightened sensitivity to smell. I really don't think its on my head either. My period should be in a week butthefact that Im feeling so ill concerns me. I need more opinions!!! Thank you!
July 13th, 2012, 04:24 AM
KatieBird's Avatar Super Mommy
If you're having chest pain and shortness of breath, you need to be seen by a doctor. Those are not good signs, regardless of if you are pregnant or not. Both of those are also symptoms of a pulmonary emobolism (AKA, a blood clot in your lungs) which is linked with the use of hormonal birth control. I recommend calling your doc ASAP and asking what they think of your symptoms. You should also take a home pregnancy test to help ease your mind.

Take care!

July 28th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!

Did you ever go to the dr?

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search