Inconsistent Test Results

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To AIP Venting Place LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2012, 11:06 AM
  1. LMP July 15 2012
  2. Pretty sure fertilized on July 29 2012
  3. HPT FMU Pos (faint line) on Aug 15 2012
  4. Clinic Urine Test Neg on Aug 16 2012 (went for blood test no results until Aug 22)
  5. HPT Neg on Aug 17, and Aug 18
on Aug 15 when HPT was pos I started drinking enormous amounts of water, I'm hoping that's why subsequent tests were neg.

Has anyone else had this happen? I have symptoms, mild cramping from Aug 12 to Aug 16, back ache, sinus headache and fatigue, a bit of queasiness.

I always thought there is a very, very, very slim chance of false pos on HPT so I'm still pretty confident that I'm preggo and not menopausal.

At what point should HCG be high enough that enormous amounts of water can't dilute your urine enough to result in neg HPT?
August 18th, 2012, 11:19 AM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would think that several days after the first positive, you would get a darker positive. If you were really early then I could see the diluted urine being a factor but several days later the HCG should have increased enough to get at least a faint line with dilute urine.

Maybe wait another few days and retest? You should definitely have increased enough for a nice obvious line if you were indeed pregnant.

With that said, what test did you use when you got a positive? Was it pink or blue dye? Did you look at it within the time limit? How faint was it?
August 18th, 2012, 11:56 AM
With that said, what test did you use when you got a positive? EQUATE
Was it pink or blue dye? BLUE
Did you look at it within the time limit? ABSOLUTELY, LINE RIGHT AWAY
How faint was it? IT WAS BLUE, BUT NOT AS DARK AS CONTROL LINE
August 18th, 2012, 12:43 PM
I read the horror stories about BLUE line HPTs and a lot about water diluting your urine enough for false neg test.

I'm obsessing and really hope I'm not convincing my body that I'm pregnant, and therefore stalling AF.

21 DPO could be low enough hcg, when diluted with a lot of fluid for false negative, maybe I ovulated later than I think I did as well.

The only BFP I had was fmu before I started drinking 8 liters of water everyday.

AF is a solid six days late and that has never happened to me when not pregnant.

I am not going to drink as much water today, and take another hpt with fmu tomorrow. I can't possibly wait until Wednesday to find out the blood test results! Yikes!
August 18th, 2012, 07:40 PM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you ovulated later then your period would be due later. Being this far along, possibly, you should be able to get a nice dark bfp. But if you did ovulated later and conceived later it could be possible that your negative could be from diluted urine.

With that said, blue dye tests are famous for having promising positive line when it's actually not. I'd try to hold my urine and not drink much fluid for around 4-5 hours or however long you can hold it or use FMU and test with a pink dye like first response or answer.

Good luck.
August 22nd, 2012, 08:24 PM
Negatory AF this morning 10 days late. Haven't gone to clinic for blood test results.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search