Symptoms?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To AIP Venting Place LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 27th, 2012, 04:30 PM
I have a question for you ladies out here.

I know I should probably be asking a doctor but its really not that important.

Alright so pregnancy symptoms, would you say that if your mother didn't have morning sickness you could possibly not have it as well? Or does that not come into a count..

I'm asking this because I'm about to test for pregnancy (This will be my first one )
My mother didn't get morning sickness, the only thing she really had was heart burn..

I just wanted to see if you guys think that pregnancies could be like that.. or is it just mother nature?

LEt me know what you think!
August 27th, 2012, 05:49 PM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Every pregnancy and every woman is different.

Really, I would not factor in anyone else's pregnancy into my own. I've had 5 healthy children and each pregnancy had their differences. I did find that the genders did factor some into how my body reacted. But each one was different in their own ways.
August 27th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to notagain
Here in my country we have different beliefs especially about pregnancy. Although they might be taboo, some seem to be all too coincidental. Like how your mother will be in labor will be the same with how her daughters will be during labor too (if giving birth is easy, so it will be for daughter, etc.) Scientifically this has not been proven and though it is true that every pregnancy is different but genetics does say that you can inherit certain traits from your parents. But it depends on what you believe in. My mother was said to have delivered fast enough and so have I. What's the harm in believing, Right?
August 28th, 2012, 08:00 AM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Certainly you have some genes and similarities of your body and such as your mother does so it could be that your body reacts certain ways as your mother's or father's would to certain situations.

But, I wouldn't assume that anything that happened to my mother will automatically happen to me. My mother's labors were completely different then all of mine. I had none of the issues she had. My sister's was more similar to mom's labor with her but only if you look at certain aspects, as a whole it wasn't much similar at all.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search